to ask if anyone just knew they were pregnant/felt different mere days after conception?

(83 Posts)
SashaFierce99 Mon 08-Feb-16 23:01:26

I think DP and I may have conceived eleven days ago. From two days after DTD I had lower back pain, cramping and increased cervical mucus. The last two days I've felt tired and queasy and my stomach is so noticeably bloated that two people have asked if I'm expecting today.

With my other (four) pregnancies I haven't known until after the positive test and of course I could be wrong but I feel similar to how I did at 5/6 months with the others confused Has anyone else had signs this early/just felt they knew and was right?

Trying to hold out until the end of the week to test so it's not too soon; wasn't planning to conceive but we'll see what comes of the test, I guess...

Bluecarrot Mon 08-Feb-16 23:21:20

First one I know for sure. I don't remember why specifically.... But it was a contraception fail/surprise.
Second I wasn't symptom spotting as such as we had just started not preventing (as opposed to actively trying) but was vaguely aware something wasn't right.
Current pregnancy ( confirmed yesterday!) we were actively trying and I had all the symptoms that my period was coming so I was convinced I wasn't...

I didn't think symptoms started til after implantation though. But could be wrong!

ijustwannadance Mon 08-Feb-16 23:35:10

Might sound daft but the day the egg must have implanted I thought I had what I could only describe as the weirdest hangover ever. Just felt odd and emotional. Kept crying at the tv.

MillionToOneChances Mon 08-Feb-16 23:39:16

I knew at 3 weeks pregnant, so about a week after actual conception. Morning sickness kicked in and settled in for the duration

Tywinlannister Mon 08-Feb-16 23:42:57

I knew. I could smell everything. Halloumi tasted funny. Those two symptoms were enough grin

Xmasbaby11 Mon 08-Feb-16 23:43:30

Yes I felt sick almost instantly. Sick and hungover.

Xmasbaby11 Mon 08-Feb-16 23:43:59

Also my boobs felt really weird.

Rubberduck2 Mon 08-Feb-16 23:46:35

I knew instantly. My boobs went savage on me!!

BrightlightsSmallvillage Mon 08-Feb-16 23:47:26

Days & days before I could take a test I couldn't get back to sleep again after waking really early in the morning (v. unusual for me). Three times pregnant & each was the same.

DramaAlpaca Mon 08-Feb-16 23:48:45

I knew within a few days of conceiving all three of them, long before it was early enough to test. I felt sick, my boobs felt odd and my sense of smell & taste went haywire. Doing a test was just a formality really.

WorraLiberty Mon 08-Feb-16 23:49:48

I know a few people who say they knew, but to be honest they'd said it in the past when their periods were late and then they came on. I think it's often a similar feeling.

I'm gobsmacked that you encountered 2 extremely rude people in the same day though.

Seriously, who thinks asking someone with a bit of stomach bloating if they're pregnant, is actually ok? confused

TitClash Mon 08-Feb-16 23:51:14

Yep, I knew within days. Not in a doom laden 'I just bet I'm pregnant' way. I knew weeks before the second test came back positive. The first test was inconclusive and lovely GP warned me I may have had a 'false start' and not to get my hopes up.

AnyFucker Mon 08-Feb-16 23:51:45

Yep, I knew about a week after conception

Went right off red wine 😊

AryaOfWinterfell Mon 08-Feb-16 23:52:47

Three babies. First about 5 weeks pg, went off of beer (not good when in Germany on holiday!). Second I knew in the morning after sex that I was pg not sure how but I knew kept poas and getting negatives but knew I was. Finally got a positive at 2 or 3 weeks I think. Third had no clue for about 6 weeks.

Filmstar01 Mon 08-Feb-16 23:54:11

I knew - I just felt different.

werewolfinladderedtights Mon 08-Feb-16 23:56:08

I knew 2 out of 3 pregnancies.

OneTiredMama Tue 09-Feb-16 00:01:55

I knew within the first few days. I felt so ill every evening, was constantly thirsty and exhausted all the time. I got more symptoms before the positive test than I did afterwards.

london32 Tue 09-Feb-16 00:04:32

I fainted 6dpo twice in the middle of the night and knew both times

chelle792 Tue 09-Feb-16 00:06:27

I knew. It wasn't really symptoms as such but I dreamt it. Woke up at 4am and tested. Also woke up in the night when baby died (mmc at 11 weeks. At about 6 weeks I woke up and told dh baby had died - private scan just before mmc showed growth at 6w3d)

MissFlight Tue 09-Feb-16 00:08:37

I had very acute implantation pains with my twins, but no symptoms on my single pregnancies.

wanderingwondering Tue 09-Feb-16 00:23:41

I knew within a week first time and had a pretty good idea second time.
Just felt different-slightly sick and zoned out.

MagratGarlikAgain Tue 09-Feb-16 00:34:09

Didn't have a clue with ds1 (but dh knew and asked before the gynaecologist I was seeing for other issues confirmed). Ds2 I knew from about 3 weeks pg (so about a week before my period was due). I was tired all the time, hated the taste and smell of alcohol and coffee, felt just like I did with ds1.

stairway Tue 09-Feb-16 00:48:25

Nothing obvious with the first time but the second time I had menopausal like hot flushes around implantation time and cramping.

lazybones77 Tue 09-Feb-16 00:54:49

I was in denial with DS1. Didn't test for weeks but looking back I knew within a few days.

UterusUterusGhali Tue 09-Feb-16 00:55:02

I've had at least 5 pregnancies and knew almost immediately, with the exception of the first.

Knew with the ? Pregnancies too, but can't be certain, obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now