whole morning spent in bed? (light hearted fun)

(23 Posts)
80schild Sat 06-Feb-16 12:02:56

So I have just spent the whole morning in bed. Except for getting up to have breakfast, speak to DC's before DH took them out for an hour.

I'm not ill (although I have spent the week fighting off a migraine with x-strength drugs) and have plenty of things I could be doing. Am I being unreasonable for being so spectacularly lazy. Just got out of bed now to make some lunch before the troops return.

Junosmum Sat 06-Feb-16 12:09:17

YANBU, though I would say that as I've just done the same!

UmbongoUnchained Sat 06-Feb-16 12:13:14

I woke at 10 this morning with my toddler, shoved Toy story on and went back to sleep for another hour and a half. Then crawled downstairs with her, gave her breakfast and dozed on the sofa. I had a huge anxiety attack last night and was up till half 5 so was so tired!

Lj8893 Sat 06-Feb-16 12:14:09

Yabu but only because I'm insanely jealous!

Madlizzy Sat 06-Feb-16 12:14:31

I'm only just getting up now.

Headmelt Sat 06-Feb-16 12:15:44

Yadnbu. In fact your Dh is the unreasonable one, for making you get out of bed before taking the dc out. Ltb pronto! angrygrin.

Spartak Sat 06-Feb-16 12:15:46

I'm still in bed. My plans for today have all been cancelled due to the rain. No reason to get up!

JeanGenie23 Sat 06-Feb-16 12:16:36

Absolutely not!!!

I have just come back to bed whilst DD is napping. Who really needs clean clothes to wear anyway, not me! wink

scribblegirl Sat 06-Feb-16 12:17:47

ah, but headmelt, in order to LTB she'd have to LTB (leave the bed) grin

BloodyPlantagenets Sat 06-Feb-16 12:18:03

I got up at 11.30 and now we're making cupcakes.

80schild Sat 06-Feb-16 12:22:31

Although he didn't make me get up. I chose to.

HemanOrSheRa Sat 06-Feb-16 12:22:37

I got up at 10am and shuffled about a bit. Now I am laid ON the bed waiting for DS's big sister to arrive as she is taking him out for the afternoon. Then I fully intend to get back into bed for a read and a little nap. All my well made plans have been cancelled due to the weather too. So I'm staying put!

NoCapes Sat 06-Feb-16 12:29:05

I've been up since 7:15 with DS1(6), DD(4) & DS2(12 weeks) all on my own
I hate you all

whatdoIget Sat 06-Feb-16 12:31:28

I got up at 11.30 smile

MauriceMossMug Sat 06-Feb-16 12:36:39

YANBU - I'm still in bed now and have just finished the eggs benedict DH brought up to me grin

SeasonalVag Sat 06-Feb-16 12:41:08

I've gone back to bed...with dire throat and sleeping sick kid, having been up since 6.

Can't believe people get to kip til ten....hopefully that'll be me in a couple of years.

BitOutOfPractice Sat 06-Feb-16 12:47:15

YANBU. I try to do this regularly.

I've been up since 8 - made a brew for me and DH, sent them all out. and have been watching Saturday Kitchen on the sofa with more tea and almond pastries.
Some of you are such slackers wink

Headmelt Sat 06-Feb-16 14:17:29

Ah scribble, I hadn't thought of that. Could you start proceedings from bed by phone op? I'm still in bed in my head smile.

PickledLilly Sat 06-Feb-16 14:24:35

I've had a completely lazy day too. It's just too grotty outside to do anything. The toddler is watching cartoons and I'm slumped on the sofa, I can't remember the last time I was this idle. The house is a mess but I've got a really sore throat and am at that knackered stage of early pregnancy so I can't be arsed to move.

imwithspud Sat 06-Feb-16 14:29:32

YABU but only because I'm jealous after being up since 6:30 with a 3 year old and 8month old. DP arrived home from work this afternoon claiming to be 'ill' (it's a cold, ffs) and is now having a nap on the sofa. I can't really complain because I've napped on the sofa whilst he looks after the DC's in the past.

DD2 is going for a nap now so I'm going to try and coax the 3 year old into an activity so I can browse the net for birthday presents for various family members.

80schild Sat 06-Feb-16 18:35:03

It gets worse. I took the kids to their swimming lesson and decided I couldn't be arsed to give them dinner at home. I took them for a burrito and now am at home playing on my computer and thinking about getting changed for a night out with DH. Honestly, I am no always this lazy.

shutupandshop Sat 06-Feb-16 18:40:16

I got up at 8, went back for a couple hours when cleaner arrived. Still knackered now (health issues)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now