To appeal decision

(72 Posts)
Ohthebuildersarehere Sat 06-Feb-16 11:11:57

I have been sacked.

AIBU to appeal as i don't feel it's fair

Will it affect my benefits

firesidechat Sat 06-Feb-16 11:14:37

Why were you sacked?

Why would you want to work somewhere that doesn't want you?

I don't think you can appeal, no.

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 06-Feb-16 11:16:27

Not nearly enough info here.

Ohthebuildersarehere Sat 06-Feb-16 11:17:29

Because ineed the money

LastOneDancing Sat 06-Feb-16 11:19:10

Nobody can tell you if you're not going to provide details.

Do you have home insurance? Very often there's a free legal advice line who might be able to help you. I've found them useful in the past..

firesidechat Sat 06-Feb-16 11:19:10

Don't be ridiculous. People on here are very helpful but cryptic messages mean no one can help you.

Tiggeryoubastard Sat 06-Feb-16 11:19:27

hmm

LIZS Sat 06-Feb-16 11:19:47

On what grounds were you dismissed? Did they follow their own process for handling performance or misconduct issues? Have you been there more than 2 years?

Ohthebuildersarehere Sat 06-Feb-16 11:20:24

Why is t ridiculous to need the money? Don't really want to go into why I was sacked it was a load of lies

ephemeralfairy Sat 06-Feb-16 11:21:10

Why do you think it's 'not fair'? Do you think you have a case for arguing constructive dismissal or something like that? Have you had to take the rap for something you didn't do? Have you been bullied or intimidated?

firesidechat Sat 06-Feb-16 11:21:15

Some simple questions:

Why did they sack you?

How long have you worked there?

Appeal so that they can take you back? Why? surely the relationship has broken down?

We all need money, but no business is obliged to employ you.

Witchend Sat 06-Feb-16 11:21:49

What people mean is you can't appeal on the basis of you need the money. You need to have a case... In this case showing the lies were wrong.

Ohthebuildersarehere Sat 06-Feb-16 11:22:06

They lied.

Worked there 3 months put heart & sole in.

Tried for 2 years to get job, not as simple as just getting another.

Sirzy Sat 06-Feb-16 11:22:17

It's not unreasonable to need the money, but it is unreasonable to expect people to be able to give you advice if you don't give any details for people to be able to help you.

ephemeralfairy Sat 06-Feb-16 11:22:20

If you won't tell us any details we can't help you I'm afraid.

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 06-Feb-16 11:22:33

FFS.

<leaves>

firesidechat Sat 06-Feb-16 11:23:17

Why is t ridiculous to need the money? Don't really want to go into why I was sacked it was a load of lies

It's not ridiculous to need money, we all need money, but it is ridiculous to ask for advice and give no details. No one on here has a clue whether they would or should take you back. I'm betting they wouldn't.

SecretSpy Sat 06-Feb-16 11:23:37

If it was a load of lies you might have grounds to appeal.

If you've been there less than two years you probably are stuffed .

If you don't give more information no one can advise you really. And AFAIK if you are sacked for something ridiculous you might be classed the same as someone who resigned as far as benefits go.

LIZS Sat 06-Feb-16 11:24:34

Doesn't matter then . Within first 2 years you can be let go with no reason. A few exceptions which override this would include pregnancy related issues.

Ohthebuildersarehere Sat 06-Feb-16 11:24:37

The thing is it's quite upsetting to talk about, if I write about it I'll end up crying again and I've been trying to stop.

No need to fucks sake me.

firesidechat Sat 06-Feb-16 11:25:43

It doesn't matter if they lied or not. Within the first two years of employment they can sack you for no reason at all. I assume it was at the end of your probation. They tried you out, it didn't work, move on, that would be my advice.

bloodyteenagers Sat 06-Feb-16 11:26:02

Until you answer the questions no one can tell you.

maddening Sat 06-Feb-16 11:27:07

Can you prove it was a load of lies?

Within 2 years they can just get rid of you - even down to you don't fit the team - but getting sacked I think can affect your benefits so if you can show it was lies then perhaps that could help you there - what did they say you did?

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 06-Feb-16 11:27:39

If you want advice, to build a case, to get opinions, to actually go through the appeal, you're going to need to talk about it. If you're not going to talk about, absolutely nobody on the planet can help you.

To come here vaguely asking for advice and refusing to answer questions justifies a "FFS". This isn't Facebook:

"Bad day."
"What happened?"
"Don't wanna talk about it."

maddening Sat 06-Feb-16 11:27:54

What sort of job was it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now