Doctor Appointment

(8 Posts)
ElectronicDischarge Thu 04-Feb-16 22:03:26

I've been trying to get a scheduled appointment for a week for my daughter. She's 4.5 months and quite probably severely allergic to dairy.
Each time I rang, I've been told nothing is available.
Health visitor weighed her yesterday and was so concerned she tried to make us one. Got turned down.
So I went along at 8:15 this morning for a walk in. She was seen at 11:00.

Would IBU to complain she wasn't seen sooner, despite being distressed and vomiting everywhere?

Wolpertinger Thu 04-Feb-16 22:41:33

Your GP probably runs a system whereby emergencies - and a distressed vomiting baby would be an emergency - are seen as walk-ins and routine things are scheduled.

Most GP surgeries are drowning in demand and your complaint will sadly only tell them what they are all too aware of - they don't have enough doctors, nurse practioners or appointments, they are underfunded and scheduled appointments are booked up weeks in advance.

However when you went as a walk-in you got seen within 2 hours. Isn't that amazing?

arethereanyleftatall Thu 04-Feb-16 22:45:35

Yabu.
They have to prioritise.
There will have been someone there needing more urgent care at that time.

RebootYourEngine Thu 04-Feb-16 22:48:06

I would complain to your Mp. I would write it from the point that there is a lack of availability of appointments due to a lack of gps, nurses etc.

arethereanyleftatall Thu 04-Feb-16 22:51:03

But how does that help reboot? If the nhs have x amount if money, wouldn't you rather that that x was spent on doctors and nurses, rather than on a customer complaints person?

arethereanyleftatall Thu 04-Feb-16 22:52:12

Ah, sorry, just saw that you said to her mp.

takemetomars Thu 04-Feb-16 22:52:21

Why did you wait so long when you knew there was a walk in service?

Fratelli Thu 04-Feb-16 23:05:29

Hmm tbh op if my baby is poorly I always use our surgerys walk in service (or dp does, depends who is at work) so he can get seen on the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now