Baby dropping centiles..

(24 Posts)
AGrandUsername Thu 04-Feb-16 21:45:09

I know I know , I'm normally first upon these threads to say its OK, my babies did blah blah
BUT, my youngest is, but faster, by fifteen weeks she's just dipped below the ninth, from 50th to 75th. She doesn't eat much. She takes breast or bottle but has little of either, unlike the others I still leak and can get over full as she doesn't eat well. Bottles are 2oz jobs. She doesn't eat that frequently, sleeps well anxdoesnt comfort suck. My others loved hours on the boob when allowed and were chubby if petite. She doesn't even have reflux.
However she's such a sickly baby, colds, viruses thrush... Low level but all the time. My others never caught anything at thus age. After birth she had a temp and went to scbu and has had loads since, over 39 twice this week. She's pale and frankly a wee bit arsey as well as looking a bit newborn like, not doing much with herself either.

I'm not panicking yet..but does this remind anyone else of their baby at this age?

jaffacake2 Thu 04-Feb-16 21:51:24

Sounds like your little one is not thriving. She has dropped several ventricles and as you describe her a sickly baby. Maybe she should be reviewed by a paediatrician. Hope she is ok

jaffacake2 Thu 04-Feb-16 21:53:04

Sorry predictive text not ventricles but centiles !

AGrandUsername Thu 04-Feb-16 21:58:29

The weird thing another of my DC dropped a fair few, and was a slow developer. However I KNEW she was good and argued over a referral for her refusing it. But she was short, chubby, placid, lovely skin and ate herself into comas.
Hard to say why, its the sheer madness if her screams and the way shell only setlle not being fed,

Wardrobespierre Thu 04-Feb-16 22:03:09

I think you probably need to see a GP. Fevers are and should be rare in little babies. Constant illness, poor appetite, slow weight gain etc. All markers for further investigation.

Curlywurly4 Thu 04-Feb-16 22:06:44

I agree see the GP and get a pead referral. Hopefully she just having a rough start but getting a once over will put your mind at rest.

KP86 Thu 04-Feb-16 22:11:34

Any chance she might have dairy or wheat allergies?

I would also be seeking a paed referral.

HalfStar Thu 04-Feb-16 22:12:13

It sounds stressful for you OPthanks
I don't know. My second stressed the hell out of me with weight loss and reflux and stuff but for all that I sort of knew deep down she'd grow out of it eventually. You sound uneasy and I would go with your instinct and get her seen.

Soooosie Thu 04-Feb-16 22:13:46

9th is a perfectly normal healthy weight. I hardly know any babies who stayed on their birth percentile. Most find a more natural weight. The leaking boobs just mean you have more supply then she needs at this present moment.

HalfStar Thu 04-Feb-16 22:14:49

Agree that 9th is perfectly normal as have two dc on 9th but there's lots of other stuff going on too that OP is worried about.

Soooosie Thu 04-Feb-16 22:15:17

However if she's uncomfortable/ill, I would talk to the Gp

Micah Thu 04-Feb-16 22:18:00

Agree, get a paed referreral.

I always say the numbers are meaningless without other stuff going in, but it sounds like even ifcyou took her weight and centiped out if the equation you still wouldnt be happy with how she's doing.

See your gp.

AGrandUsername Thu 04-Feb-16 22:18:02

Her older brother was milk allergic, it came out later plus the poo was obviously wrong. I'd say no as no reflux, no major gas and yellow poo.
uneasy I guess is right, but she sleeps very well and he no big symptoms. Only weighed once at clinic but hv jumped in first saying to ignore charts etc as they're for bottle fed babies, didn't end up talking myself! Generally weigh at home. There's nothing of note in many ways if you see her once, just bit snuffly and acts hungry fuck off tesco lady every morning, of course I've just offered milk

AGrandUsername Thu 04-Feb-16 22:19:59

I'm not bothered about centile, big sis is below second, she has been around 4.8kg for 4 weeks.

Ruralretreating Thu 04-Feb-16 22:20:29

The combination of poor feeding, lethargy and illness should be looked at asap by GP/paediatrician in my view. Hope you get her sorted OP.

Anaffaquine123 Thu 04-Feb-16 22:20:37

My dd didnt just drop centimes but actually lost weight. She was violently sick some days then totally bunged up the next. We discovered a dairy allergy. She has remained down between 9th and 2nd. However she is now tiny but really strong and a great gymnast.
I would get her checked for your own sanity.

Wardrobespierre Thu 04-Feb-16 22:21:31

Your hv is wrong.

AGrandUsername Thu 04-Feb-16 22:22:29

My ds was the same ana. I am still scarred by the poo and vomit and neocate!

AGrandUsername Thu 04-Feb-16 22:23:20

Though he is not tiny. Thin but very tall.

Ruralretreating Thu 04-Feb-16 22:23:43

Has she been checked for tongue-tie OP? That can cause feeding problems (and did for my DS). Also is she doing a good number of heavy wet nappies a day?

dementedpixie Thu 04-Feb-16 22:24:32

The charts have been based of breast fed babies for years now so the HV isn't correct about that

AGrandUsername Thu 04-Feb-16 22:28:27

I know pixie, i just switch off when people talk nonsense as you know youarent being listened to and talking is futile. Bitter experience.

I'd say no to tongue tie, lovely latch, does t pull off, stickes tongue and fed at birth lovely. Can hoover a nipple right in, just eats lightly.

AGrandUsername Thu 04-Feb-16 22:29:19

Her nappies seem OK and not of note.

Ruralretreating Thu 04-Feb-16 22:35:50

Glad to hear it doesn't sound like tongue-tie but as other's have said if you're uneasy about her trust your instinct and go to doctor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now