to be wound up by those shitty lilypie things on NM?!?!

(60 Posts)
Wardy1993 Tue 02-Feb-16 08:31:03

Ok silly thread I know but while trawling the Internet in the early hours this morning while on night feeds with ds I came across a NM thread and seeing those lilypie things they have that come up on EVERY message they post makes me cringe/angry/ask what is the bloody point ... AIBU or do you also find them ridiculous?!

Woman married to a gimpy husband and mum to a cute baby... gringringringringringringrinenvyenvyenvyenvy

EmpressOfTheVulvaCupcakes Tue 02-Feb-16 08:39:53

Yes but it's just another reason I don't go on NM (though come to think of it I'm banned anyway).

Gimpy? Are they getting kinky over there now?

Farahilda Tue 02-Feb-16 08:43:59

I have no idea what a lilypie is.

But I wouldn't criticise another site for having different norms. People use the one they like.

Birdsgottafly Tue 02-Feb-16 08:45:38

I like the posters on NM.

I don't find them less informed etc as often quoted, on here.

But I can't go on NM because of all the flashy colours etc.

MrsJayy Tue 02-Feb-16 08:50:28

I came here because my dc were older and it didnt suit me but netmums is fine its an internet forum where folk chat like here really yabu to slag off a their advertising and memberS and yabu to smugly overuse smilies

AlwaysHopeful1 Tue 02-Feb-16 08:50:31

Bit immature of you to run here to poke fun of another site?

MintyBojingles Tue 02-Feb-16 08:52:04

YABU to moan about another site here.

Vaginaaa Tue 02-Feb-16 08:52:34

YABU to moan here about it. Different forum, different forum culture. Don't like it, don't use it.

Wardy1993 Tue 02-Feb-16 08:52:35

Haha no I just wrote that about my dh harsh I know.... blush so glad someone agrees I find it so cheesy and its like they are possibly showing off or something.

usual Tue 02-Feb-16 08:52:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wardy1993 Tue 02-Feb-16 08:54:25

Hey sorry girls if I am BU I wasn't trying to be smug... Honest I just find those character things irritating and unecessary... It's them I think is a bit smug!!! No offence intended ladies X

HardleyWorthit Tue 02-Feb-16 08:57:03

hmm

ewbank Tue 02-Feb-16 09:02:44

but we ALWAYS moan about netmums, its an MN THING!!!

Waaaaaaa what's happened to Mumsnet??

PastaPrincess Tue 02-Feb-16 09:02:52

As much as they want me to bleach out my eyes, it does mean that posters don't have to refer to the number and ages of their children all the time.

They do require far too much scrolling past though.

BitchSlapBingBunny Tue 02-Feb-16 09:04:02

Those ticker things? All sparkly and cutsie? I used to use another site which had them and it is just annoying.

Sparkly ways of counting down to giving birth, getting married, birthdays....Urgh. no ta.

shutupandshop Tue 02-Feb-16 09:08:30

but we ALWAYS moan about netmums, its an MN THING!!!

Waaaaaaa what's happened to Mumsnet??

^
This.

Bambambini Tue 02-Feb-16 09:12:51

Isn't there an option to hide all the fluff stuff over there? Think you can just mute it.

I always wonder who many active members they really have, it's just so slow moving compared to here.

Veritat Tue 02-Feb-16 09:17:32

What's a lilypie?

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 02-Feb-16 09:22:01

It's so in your face bright on NM. That alone is what stopped me from joining. I like the recipes though, particularly the bakes. If you scroll down to the comments people give some great tips on how to fiddle with the recipes to make them in to something a bit different.

Arfarfanarf Tue 02-Feb-16 09:27:03

what is a lilypie thing?

Is that the tickers they have?

they're quite common on many sites. Lots of people like them.

Quite a few people use mn and nm. Some prefer one over the other.

This mn/nm thing is soooo daft. It always makes me see us as the People's Front of Judea while they are the Judean People's Front. grin

UsedtobeFeckless Tue 02-Feb-16 09:39:03

Splitters! grin

thumpson Tue 02-Feb-16 09:54:43

I can't stand nm. Each to their own though. If people want to use it, glitter and all, that's up to them.
I just got pissed off with being set on every time I had an opinion.

OzzieFem Tue 02-Feb-16 09:56:49

Reminds me of scrapbooking.

BumWad Tue 02-Feb-16 09:58:10

Yea they can get a bit annoying when reading through a thread

roachslayer Tue 02-Feb-16 10:00:33

Hey sorry girls if I am BU I wasn't trying to be smug... Honest I just find those character things irritating and unecessary... It's them I think is a bit smug!!! No offence intended ladies X

Maybe NM is more your type of place

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now