To wonder what on earth this school mum is thinking?

(67 Posts)
DawnOfTheDoggers Sun 31-Jan-16 23:20:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sun 31-Jan-16 23:22:15

Why is she texting your son?

And why is she so upset? He said fuck. Who cares?

WorraLiberty Sun 31-Jan-16 23:22:48

Very weird reaction.

I'm assuming 'f bomb' means fuck?

If so, how was it used? In general conversation or directed at her son?

Not that it gives her the right to react like that.

GreatFuckability Sun 31-Jan-16 23:23:01

Its not the greatest reaction, but it very much depends what your son said. It may be there's some kind of on going issue and your son has caught the brunt of her frustration.

Collaborate Sun 31-Jan-16 23:24:54

I agree. Your son will learn his lessons as he grows up. The girl's mother on the other hand has no excuse for behaving like that and should know better.

intothebreach Sun 31-Jan-16 23:25:47

You are right, of course! What a dreadful thing to say to a 12 year old, no matter what he has done.

Still, I would probably let it rest. Explain to your ds that adults say inappropriate things too, and that there is no excuse for it. Then disengage. There's nothing to be gained by arguing with anybody who can descend to that level.

neolara Sun 31-Jan-16 23:26:49

I guess it depends what your ds said in his text.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sun 31-Jan-16 23:29:09

Email back "FUCK OFF" resplendent in shouty caps and then sit back for the fall out.

Or, you know, forget it and mentally mark her down as a rude baggage with no class.

Do the first one

Footle Sun 31-Jan-16 23:31:56

What is an f bomb ?

StrawberryDelight Sun 31-Jan-16 23:32:26

What did he say? And why did the mum text back?

MrsGradyOldLady Sun 31-Jan-16 23:33:07

I don't think it does matter what was said in the text neolara. The boy is 12 and there's a supposed adult calling him UNINTELLIGENT SCUM in caps. I would seriously discourage that friendship if it were my son as I don't think I'd want him associating with such people.

YellowDinosaur Sun 31-Jan-16 23:35:24

She is unreasonable. And I agree with this: And why is she so upset? He said fuck. Who cares?

However, if in fact he said I'd like to fuck your mum up the arse till she screams' rather than, say, 'fuck off mate' her unreasonableness would be less. IMHO. Context being everything...

FanjofortheMammaries Sun 31-Jan-16 23:35:36

Are you sure it wasn't the girl pretending to be her mum

Grilledaubergines Sun 31-Jan-16 23:36:08

I wouldn't be walking away from that one. Though hopefully before you get to decide your response she will have the decency to apologise.

DawnOfTheDoggers Sun 31-Jan-16 23:36:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ekorre Sun 31-Jan-16 23:37:37

Say to ds, "this is why you have to be careful with the language you use because some people are bonkers and will react like this."

I presume as they are 12 the other mum checks their dc's phone.

GreatFuckability Sun 31-Jan-16 23:39:04

i would be using this as a lesson to show your son that if you say inappropriate things to people, then you may well get inappropriate replies and in future he should think more carefully about what he says. thats not to say i think thats a rational or decent reaction from the mother however.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 31-Jan-16 23:40:37

Other mum is bat shit crazy. Guess at least now you know and can avoid.

GingerCuddleMonsterThe2nd Sun 31-Jan-16 23:44:18

Just ask your son to text back friend "you shouldn't talk about your mother like that"

Or just send mum a text on the lines of "i understand how upset you are .We are too, we've had a good talk to DS about hhis use of language, however if you could kindly refrain from insulting my 12year old with derogatory insults, this would be much appreciated"

Finola1step Sun 31-Jan-16 23:44:44

He's 12. He typed the word fucking in a text to a classmate. A bit silly but not exactly out of the ordinary.

He didn't use in a name calling way. That would be much more serious.

I would message the mother either using her own number or email. Or talk to her face to face. Make it clear that what he sent was wrong. But he is 12. It is up to you to discipline him, not her. Check that she did send that message in return. If she did, make it very clear that under no circumstances is she to message your son directly. Ever.

NNalreadyinuse Sun 31-Jan-16 23:47:53

I would have to text the other parent and tell her that although my son was wrong to use that language, her respinse is wholly inappropriate and utterly disproportionate.

Twelve year olds swear to their mates - this should not come as a massive shock to her. She is batshit. Her poor kid must be so embarrassed.

blobbityblob Sun 31-Jan-16 23:47:57

I'm not sure it's about the f word. It's more that the sentence he wrote sounds aggressive.

Lurkedforever1 Sun 31-Jan-16 23:50:25

I would really really want to text back 'who are you calling unintelligent you fuckwitted cunt? Crawl the fuck back under your rock you skank-arsed twat'.

I would probably settle for texting back 'if you have an issue with my 12 year old in future, please contact me. We have been discussing how bad language can be inappropriate, and as I'm sure you understand it doesn't help to reinforce this lesson if some cunt an adult woman starts swearing at him over a percieved slight'

ladymariner Sun 31-Jan-16 23:50:38

Or just send mum a text on the lines of "i understand how upset you are .We are too, we've had a good talk to DS about hhis use of language, however if you could kindly refrain from insulting my 12year old with derogatory insults, this would be much appreciated"

^ ^ ^ this!

Marniasmum Sun 31-Jan-16 23:52:05

I think it is totally normal for a 12 yo boy to use 'fuck' when communicating with his mates.So long as it was not used in an aggressive way against the boy, it is a non issue.The mum is a fruit loop

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now