To think that boyfriend should delete pictures of women from his phone?!

(63 Posts)
Mooey89 Sun 31-Jan-16 16:35:39

Dboyfrie d and I have been seeing each other for a few months. We are exclusive, we are really into each other etc etc.

He was showing me some old pictures on his phone, and I spotted a very busty very naked woman. This was a girl he was seeing for a bit a while back.

I asked him to delete them, he said no. He said out of principle because I asked him to he wouldn't?!

I think it's a matter of respect and he should delete!im so upset that he won't get rid of them that I actually want to leave and go home.

AIBU and childish?! Prepared to be told that I am by you wise grown ups!!!

AlwaysHopeful1 Sun 31-Jan-16 16:37:07

I think this is a perfect reason to dump this guy. He's clearly showing you what he's like. It's just a few months in and he can't be bothered.

Pseudo341 Sun 31-Jan-16 16:39:40

YANBU. It's very disrespectful of him to keep naked pictures of an ex regardless of whether or not he's in a new relationship, she obviously was mistaken to trust him with such intimate pictures. I'd get out now before you're too heavily involved with this guy.

DraenorQueen Sun 31-Jan-16 16:39:42

No, that is not ok. He wants to keep it so he can slaver all over it when he has some alone time. Would he be happy with you keeping pictures of your exes' (hopefully much huger) cocks??
He doesn't seem to care much about hurting you, does he? angry

Mooey89 Sun 31-Jan-16 16:41:20

Yes, you are right. I'm going to drive home!

MillionToOneChances Sun 31-Jan-16 16:41:20

Hope you've made a mental note to to send him any pics of you confused

I don't think you're unreasonable not to want your boyfriend to have naked pictures of exes. Personally I probably wouldn't make a big fuss about it so early in a relationship, but on the other hand it's probably good to find out sooner rather than later if he's going to be an arse about it (or if you have fundamentally different views on such keepsakes!).

thelifeofamber Sun 31-Jan-16 16:45:27

she obviously was mistaken to trust him with such intimate pictures

Whys that?

He wasn't specifically showing the OP them.

I'm assuming they were just in a photo gallery on his phone.

Sallyingforth Sun 31-Jan-16 16:46:22

You have been very fortunate OP. You've found out what he's like before you have become too committed.
Better luck next time...

Writerwannabe83 Sun 31-Jan-16 16:46:35

What an arsehole!

YADNBU!

Mooey89 Sun 31-Jan-16 16:48:17

He says that he has now deleted them from his phone. He said that he got so pissed off because I jokingly said 'you can delete those!' Rather than 'asking nicely. I'm sitting in the car stewing.

BolshierAryaStark Sun 31-Jan-16 16:49:27

Urgh, out of principle my fucking arse hmm
You're well shot OP, what a fuckwit.

BolshierAryaStark Sun 31-Jan-16 16:51:04

Don't stew over it, go home, cook yourself a nice meal & have a vino then think on what a lucky escape you've had.

JohnLuther Sun 31-Jan-16 16:53:05

He's an arse, you're well shot of him.

AnyFucker Sun 31-Jan-16 16:53:20

Where is your car ? Back at home ?

Go inside, turn off your phone and have a very good think about whether you want to be with a bloke who still keeps naked pics of other women to wank over.

MaisyMooMoo Sun 31-Jan-16 17:00:30

My ex had naked photos of an ex. I asked him to destroy them and after several heated discussions and me threatening to end the relationship he finally destroyed them. I went round one night and he showed me a pile of ashes in a bin, he'd burnt them. Except he hadn't. My intuition told me otherwise and after snooping (I'm not proud) I found them and other stuff. The lying and the secrecy were deal breakers and the relationship ended.

Mooey89 Sun 31-Jan-16 17:03:45

He lives a 30 minute drive from me, I'm driving home now (stopped to get petrol)

Scarydinosaurs Sun 31-Jan-16 17:03:47

Drive home and end it!

AnyFucker Sun 31-Jan-16 17:06:44

Keep going in the direction of your house.

Aeroflotgirl Sun 31-Jan-16 17:10:42

I would drive home and never go back, he sounds utterly disrespectful.

janeisntaboringname Sun 31-Jan-16 17:11:30

Get home and do exactly what these wise women have said.

End it. He's a pig.

AnyFucker Sun 31-Jan-16 17:12:51

oh, and I hope you haven't made the mistake of sending any compromising pics of yourself

YouAreMyRain Sun 31-Jan-16 17:13:03

Definitely end it. He has no respect for you (or his ex)

ImperialBlether Sun 31-Jan-16 17:13:16

Does he have any photos of you?

APlaceOnTheCouch Sun 31-Jan-16 17:23:15

Keep driving. On top of the point about keeping pics on his phone, he's made it clear that his automatic response to you asking him to do something perfectly reasonable, is to refuse. Why? Because he won't be dictated to by you? Because he doesn't respect your feelings or the feelings of the woman in the photo?

Think about what he said 'I won't do this perfectly reasonable thing because you asked me to do it. I tells you everything you need to know about him.

CombineBananaFister Sun 31-Jan-16 17:23:52

Keeping the photo is one thing, showing it to anyone is another. To me that says a lot about him if could be that disrespectful to someone he was once close to by showing their naked pic to someone who is a stranger to them.

Having naked pics on his phone wouldn't necessarily be a dealbreaker as am aware men do like to look at nekkid ladies grin but keeping ones of exes like a trophy to show others is not a good sign.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now