To think DH is being an arse?

(16 Posts)
CrohnicallyAspie Sun 31-Jan-16 13:29:22

He ripped his work trousers on Friday, so we went to get him some new ones, as he needs some for work tomorrow. He's a big bloke so we went to the same shop thinking that he could get another pair there, but they didn't have anything in his size. None of the shops nearby stocked his size either.

So I made what seemed to me to be a couple of reasonable suggestions- wear a grey pair of trousers to work as a one off, or visit shop B in a different town where he has got trousers from before.

DP vetoed both of those and said 'don't worry, I'll sort something' (I'm not quite sure what, as to me the options are either wear the grey ones or visit another shop)

Then I had an idea of somewhere else we could go, but as soon as I started speaking DH shouted 'I told you, I'm not going to shop B!' and walked away.

DD piped up that she was desperate for a wee, so I nipped her to the toilets and when I came out DH walked really quickly to the car and barely said a word.

So WIBU to do what I could to try and help him get some trousers? Or should I have just shut up and let him sulk in piece?

Oldraver Sun 31-Jan-16 13:32:24

He's probably embarrassed that no shops had his size. Is he really big ?

He shouldn't of taken it out on you though

AnyFucker Sun 31-Jan-16 13:34:18

Why do you feel the responsibility to get him some trousers ?

he is your husband, not your dependent child

I wouldn't tolerate such rudeness, but I wouldn't think it my job to clothe him either

Lemonski Sun 31-Jan-16 13:34:26

So does he have nothing else at home he can wear to work tomorrow?
If not,what the hell is he going to do? confused

CaptainCrunch Sun 31-Jan-16 13:34:33

If he hates clothes shopping as much as I do, he's probably just a bit embarrassed and fed up, leave him be, it's hardly LTB territory.

WorraLiberty Sun 31-Jan-16 13:35:58

Sounds embarrassed and a bit fed up to me.

You do sound a little over invested too, so perhaps that irritated him a bit?

He was rude to snap, but tbh I wouldn't give it any more thought.

DonkeyOaty Sun 31-Jan-16 13:36:01

Perhaps he's a bit sensitive about his size and having to face lack of suitable trews did his head in? Then you were ofc being helpful in thinking of another store but it was too much so the ka boom occurred.

Writerwannabe83 Sun 31-Jan-16 13:36:04

I can't wait to read a post where a male is so concerned, worried and invested about what his partner has got to wear for work... grin

He's an adult - let him sort his own bloody trousers out grin

Veritat Sun 31-Jan-16 13:36:14

Just leave it to him to sort it out. Frankly, going shopping for my husband to get new trousers isn't my idea of a family outing anyway.

Sighing Sun 31-Jan-16 13:36:18

It's a nonproblem. He's an adult. Perhaps he had a revelation that he, an adult, could have managed the whole task without needing help (and was then embarrassed and cross about size etc).

LegoRuinedMyFinances Sun 31-Jan-16 13:39:03

ooh I get like this - I'm a really awkward size and DH often makes helpful suggestions on what might look nice. I get the hump as i know what I want, and while i'm open to suggestions I know finding things that fit my size are often different to what looks good on the shop models. I wish I was the size of an average person - would make clothes shopping a lot more fun.

DH does try and help but it usually ends with us arguing - so I mainly shop online where I can find clothes that actually fit me.

CrohnicallyAspie Sun 31-Jan-16 13:40:04

oldraver he's not that big but a lot of the shops were designer ones that don't stock anything over a 36 waist.

anyfucker I don't consider it my responsibility to clothe him, but I can't help but try and solve a problem when I see one.

lemonski nope, he has jeans, casual trousers and the aforementioned grey ones, nothing else.

captaincrunch I know it's not LTB territory, just trying to ascertain who was being more U- as my username suggests I have Asperger's syndrome so find the social stuff tricky to navigate.

RudeElf Sun 31-Jan-16 13:40:24

I can't wait to read a post where a male is so concerned, worried and invested about what his partner has got to wear for work.

He's an adult - let him sort his own bloody trousers out

Yes, this^^
confused why on earth did you have to be involved in any of it?

CrohnicallyAspie Sun 31-Jan-16 13:42:05

Cross post with lots of you- so the consensus is that he was just fed up and embarrassed and it wasn't exactly directed at me? And I shouldn't be worried anyway because it's his problem? Fair enough!

AnyFucker Sun 31-Jan-16 13:53:13

That's about the size of it smile

Krampus Sun 31-Jan-16 13:54:48

Yes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now