"Leaving it to soak for a bit"

(7 Posts)
HappenstanceMarmite Sat 30-Jan-16 10:06:09

AIBU to think that you should actually return to the item you've "left to soak" and deal with it?! As opposed to filling burnt-on roasting tray with hot suds and leaving it in sink overnight, where it will turn into a cold solidified chicken fat stinking fucking horror soup! You had no intention of ever returning to deal with it did you? Be honest. Does my fucking swede in.

MaisyMooMoo Sat 30-Jan-16 10:09:40

Quite like leaving dishes soaking in the sink bowl but not actually lifting the bowl out and placing it on the side so that other's might be able to run a tap without fear of making the dishwater cold. How long do these things need soaking for ffs! grin

echt Sat 30-Jan-16 10:21:17

Does my fucking swede in

The phrase made me larf. It's one I use.

Oh, and the stone-cold, fat-filled cooking trays are a total pisser.

HappenstanceMarmite Sat 30-Jan-16 10:30:59

Worse, filling sink with aforementioned fatty "soup", then having to stick your arm into the filth to take plug out!!!

PennyHasNoSurname Sat 30-Jan-16 10:36:20

Dh does this. Three months ago he put a painting tray, roller and brush, outside on the table full of soapy water for "later". Its still there. I refuse steadfastly to have anything to do with it. You can see it from the kitchen window so its a visible reminder.

HappenstanceMarmite Sat 30-Jan-16 11:05:54

Paint brush/roller "soaking for later" FFS! When did that ever end well?

0hCrepe Sat 30-Jan-16 11:10:54

I would do the same penny. Dh now gets cheap ones he throws away. He once got a stove top coffee pot. I told him I would never wash it as I don't drink coffee and the grounds annoy me. I think he used it twice before he forgot it and it went mouldy. He had the decency to throw it away eventually though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now