to complain to Asda? not sure they'll believe me.

(6 Posts)
SomebodySedateMe Wed 27-Jan-16 16:39:43

I need to complain to Asda about my online shop but I have a feeling they're not going to believe me because it's so odd.

My shopping was delivered first thing yesterday complete with random substitutions of course. One of the things ordered was a box of 14 Nexium tablets for reflux - not cheap! Normally have them on prescription but that's not going to be filled before I give birth so stocked up just in case.

The box got thrown in the drawer and I didn't think of it. This morning opened it to put a strip in my handbag. The box was empty! Just the information leaflet in there. No medication. Checked the drawer and nothing, the box must have been opened before it got to me.

So AIBU to complain? I have no idea what to say to them and I feel like they're just not going to believe me. It does sound a bit fat fetched but it's the truth! Only thing I can think is that someone opened the packet on the shelf and pinched the tablets!

do they have a policy where a display box is out and it has to be taken to pharmacy bit for dispensing a full box from behind the counter? if so the person picking possibly picked up the display box.

ShesGotLionsInHerHeart Wed 27-Jan-16 16:59:51

How can you have no idea what to say? Politely explain and ask for another box or a refund. It must have happened before to someone else.

Imnotaslimjim Wed 27-Jan-16 16:59:54

As far as I know nexium is a pharmacy tablet, but if its on the shelf, someone stealing them is very possible. I couldn't understand why they would though

Get in touch with them and explain, you never know!

WorraLiberty Wed 27-Jan-16 17:00:58

The contents probably spilled out in the delivery van, so I'm sure they will believe you.

Anyway, there's no harm in contacting them.

billabye Wed 27-Jan-16 17:04:05

I had a similar thing happen in Sainsburys with Zovirax. I actually bought it in store and then when I got home it was empty. I took it back and they gave me another no problems. Apparently shoplifters take things out of boxes and put the empty packet back on the shelf. It's quite common from what they said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now