To be slightly scared!

(5 Posts)
Gildo Tue 26-Jan-16 22:28:44

Found out today that my application for flexible working hours for returning to work after maternity leave hasn't been succeasul

Gildo Tue 26-Jan-16 22:30:53

Gahh fucked that up!
Ahem..

Hasn't been successful. I had expected this outcome tbh, and now I am officially a SAHM. How scary. But exciting.
I do feel like.. A bit... Whaaat?? First time in a long time I have technically been unemployed, and it's a bit weird!
Has anybody else ever felt like this??

DragonsCanHop Tue 26-Jan-16 22:31:16

On what grounds?

Did you have an idea that you wouldn't be able to return on your ful terms?

Sorry it hasn't worked out for you [ flowers] don't be scared

Gildo Tue 26-Jan-16 22:35:33

Yeah tbh I wasn't too bothered- if they had managed to give me a few evenings a week, great! But if not, we will be ok, I made sure I had enough savings prior to getting pregnant and Dp has two jobs at the moment. Don't get me wrong, it'll be tight some months, but I'm actually a bit happy at the thought of getting a bit more time at home with my ds.
Still looking for something part time
In the meantime.

Gildo Tue 26-Jan-16 22:37:22

Oh sorry, basically on the grounds that I can no longer do weekends cus Dp works every weekend, that was pretty much a deal breaker for them. I'm on a zero hour contract and have basically no rights, so it was totally expected. I have been there full time for years though, it's done me well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now