To send an iPad with my 5yo?

(10 Posts)
MooPointCowsOpinion Tue 26-Jan-16 18:16:57

She needs 'something to do' while at rehearsals, when it's not her turn. We sent paper and crayons a few times, and then stuck her name on a label on the back of a really old, battered, iPad and sent that.

Didn't think anything of it, until another mum and her daughter were aghast at me tonight, when I sent her in with it.

My daughter said 'oh don't worry it's only my old iPad'. confused

Feel like a dick.

LIZS Tue 26-Jan-16 18:19:32

As long as you won't mind if it gets broken! Have attended too many rehearsals when over excited under 10s rush around and tussle over tablets and phones.

ScarlettDarling Tue 26-Jan-16 18:35:52

No, yanbu, but it is bound to get dropped/ broken/ lost, so be prepared!

I think I'd probably send her in with a book or a pencil case and paper, but it's your call.

AlwaysHopeful1 Tue 26-Jan-16 19:17:17

Why can't she be sent in with a book or colouring to do?

SaucyJack Tue 26-Jan-16 19:24:56

It's your stuff, and you can do what you like with it.

Might be nice to be a bit sensitive how you describe it tho if it's an economically diverse catchment area. There are still children around who are so poor they don't even have one iPad- nevermind a battered old spare wink

MooPointCowsOpinion Tue 26-Jan-16 19:31:14

Argh I know that's why I feel like a dick.

We were given the iPad from a family member who bought a new one. I'm skint. I swear.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 26-Jan-16 19:31:26

What kind of rehearsal? I am a licenced chaperone and we don't allow devices that take photos in our rehearsals to prevent there being safeguarding issues with photos being taken of children changing clothes even if it is by accident.

SavoyCabbage Tue 26-Jan-16 19:34:31

I think yabu on the grounds it will cause a stir. The others will all be crowding round it like moths to a flame.

Tamponlady Tue 26-Jan-16 19:48:53

Do that but be prepared for the adult in charge to pop in in her bag until home time

gubbygubby Tue 26-Jan-16 20:01:02

We spend a lot of time sitting around at sports tournaments and virtually all of the kids sit on I pads between their matches. Only so much colouring in to do without getting bored

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now