Womens institute?

(9 Posts)
Roygrace Tue 26-Jan-16 02:05:54

I am really unsure if I am being unreasonable or not?

I am a single mum of a 10 year old.

I am socially isolated, struggle with childcare and social anxiety.

I was planning to attend my local women's institute in an attempt to meet other women and do something in a evening.

Only issue seems to be my 10year old. Its aimed at adults and there will nothing for her to do. I was planning on going for an hour and taking homework and iPad.

Is this the official WI stance. Or am I being AIBU for even wanting to go!

So overto mumsnet AIBU?

Roygrace Tue 26-Jan-16 02:11:05

Oh god it's meant to say I know it's not a kids event and there will nothing for her to do. I am in nowayexpecting that

Roygrace Tue 26-Jan-16 07:11:23

Any thoughts?

MuttonDressedAsMutton Tue 26-Jan-16 07:28:38

Your best bet, I think, would be to email or ring and ask them. I don't know if they even encourage children coming with parents - do they? Really - just ask them, I'm sure they're friendly people!

mmgirish Tue 26-Jan-16 07:30:35

Could you email them and ask if you can bring her? They might say yes!

Nodney Tue 26-Jan-16 07:33:17

I'd definitely ask OP! At mine we'd be absolutely fine with it. Good luck and well done with tackling the anxiety. Could you volunteer at school? I found that helped me socially.

Roygrace Tue 26-Jan-16 07:46:12

I have asked and they have said no. Just surprised and upset as really wanted to try it

Nodney Tue 26-Jan-16 07:50:35

Oh no! Is there another you could try nearby?

bornwithaplasticspoon Tue 26-Jan-16 08:03:45

That's a shame, op. Do you have a friend who could babysit or have your 10 year old over? You could offer to reciprocate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now