Overwhelmed & Exhausted! AIBU to have a super lazy day with DD?

(17 Posts)
Robotgirl Sat 23-Jan-16 16:39:00

I'm a single mum to 3 year old DD. I work 25 hours per week in a demanding and stressful job working with vulnerable adults.
DD's dad had her overnight 4 times last year so I don't really get lie ins.
I had a crap night's sleep last night and have a very sore back from a recent accident. (Not being self-indulgent, just painting a picture of my life!)
AIBU to have spent most of the day letting DD watch unlimited episodes of Ben & Holly while I lie on the sofa looking at Mumsnet , doing housework and pottering? Laziest day ever but just can't get going today. Usually we're out and about all the time. Feeling really guilty & a bit selfish. confused

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 23-Jan-16 16:41:45

You have my permission. wink

PurpleWithRed Sat 23-Jan-16 16:43:02

I absolutely instruct you to do this. It’s the only sensible thing to do.

mrtwitsglasseye Sat 23-Jan-16 16:43:38

Your dd will need down rime as much as you do.

mrtwitsglasseye Sat 23-Jan-16 16:43:54

*time

GiraffesAndButterflies Sat 23-Jan-16 16:45:17

If it was okay for me on Wednesday then it's okay for you today grin

Strangertides1 Sat 23-Jan-16 16:45:36

Got for it! I have ds1 (nearly 4) and ds2 (nearly 2) at home on a Monday and Friday by myself. Am also 31 wks pg and suffering. Last Monday I decided it was a lazy tracksuit day, and they couldn't of cared less. We didn't even walk the dog! I broke up the dog with logo, play doh, track set then cars. Pure bliss. X

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 23-Jan-16 16:48:31

You broke up the dog with Lego? That's horrifying. shock

SaucyJack Sat 23-Jan-16 16:50:09

You broke up the dog? Bit harsh mate.

DisappointedOne Sat 23-Jan-16 17:05:57

This is the first weekend since new year that my 5 year old has got dressed, never mind left the house! She refused to even put pants on the first weekend. grin

They need downtime too.

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Sat 23-Jan-16 17:12:18

Absolutely do this. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and have a 3.5 year old. Today we've watched films, gone through a Mike The Knight magazine and had loads of cuddles. He's now watching CBeebies whilst I make some dinner. Been lovely.

Chrisinthemorning Sat 23-Jan-16 17:16:43

YANBU.
I think children need a lazy day too sometimes. If you feel guilty read some stories and sing some nursery rhymes before bed. Long bath with both of you in? It's water play- v educational
Hope you feel better.

BrianButterfield Sat 23-Jan-16 17:20:47

Why do people feel guilty about things like this? How many of us were entertained all day every day as kids? I'm sure I spent most weekends pottering and watching TV and enjoyed myself immensely.

KitKat1985 Sat 23-Jan-16 17:21:16

You can do it on one condition - you skip the housework part. It makes the rest of us slothenly lot look bad! grin

waitingforsomething Sat 23-Jan-16 17:38:33

No way should you feel bad! My dd is always knackered on a Friday having find pre-school 4 days prior. It's all she can do to turn the TV on and eat cheese sandwiches and maybe do a puzzle!

Robotgirl Sat 23-Jan-16 17:39:31

Thanks all for your words - Yep, agreed that down time is good for us all.
We just took the hound to the park & got a bit of fresh city air....
Trying to ignore the massive basket of washing that stands before me.

Whatdoidohelp Sat 23-Jan-16 17:58:04

Absolutely. You deserve some peace. He sounds like a lazy fucker btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now