to not provide hot food for kids party

(14 Posts)
buildingafootieteam Fri 22-Jan-16 20:57:24

Ds2 is 2 Sunday, having party in soft play Sunday at 2. Everyone attending will be under 7 so decided against hot food (cocktail sausages/nuggets/chips) as it is an extra €2 (in ireland) and I don't think they will eat that much. Weare bringing in sweets, sandwiches, crisps etc ourselves but now I'm starting to doubt myself. AIBU, should I just ordered the hot food?

Wolfiefan Fri 22-Jan-16 20:58:17

Are you allowed to take your own food?

TiddlyFitShaced Fri 22-Jan-16 20:59:12

God no, its fine. They don't really care anyway, throw them some tayto and haribo and its all good.

Tinofsardines Fri 22-Jan-16 20:59:22

That all sounds fine, if your allowed to take your own sandwiches that's fine smile

Cressandra Fri 22-Jan-16 21:03:35

Cold food is fine. Sandwiches, crisps, party rings etc make the archetypal "party tea". At toddler age people often do carrot sticks, grapes, breadsticks round here.

SavoyCabbage Fri 22-Jan-16 21:07:00

Every year I cut down my party food and there is still always too much. They aren't really interested in actual food or eating. More licking the icing off things.

LuisSuarezTeeth Fri 22-Jan-16 21:08:46

I can't believe you are not providing a hot meal for these children! Shame on you! At 2 my DS had a 3 course meal, interspersed by the entertainers! I may need less exclamation marks!

It's fine. Hope he enjoys it and happy birthday x

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Fri 22-Jan-16 21:13:51

Christ, they're two.

Get some brightly coloured yoghurt and your sorted.

They don't eat in anyway. They just smear it everywhere.

notenoughbottle Fri 22-Jan-16 21:16:49

I really wouldn't worry, my 2.5 year yr old dd wouldn't give a damn.

Chewbecca Fri 22-Jan-16 21:24:34

No hot food is fine but are you sure you're allowed to bring your own?

lozengeoflove Fri 22-Jan-16 21:35:13

We had sandwiches, houmous, traffic light veg, drink, and cake. Oh and little treats in party bags. That's all. Plenty of food was wasted. You'll be fine.

buildingafootieteam Fri 22-Jan-16 21:40:54

Thanks all, yup can defo bring our own in they told us order hot food or bring your own in. I hate all this being an adult shit and having to make decisions agh!

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Fri 22-Jan-16 21:54:41

Sounds totally fine, OP - relax.

Bryna Fri 22-Jan-16 22:00:58

I've always done our own food, and you can cut down on waste by doing your own 'party boxes'. Everything individually measured our- and no one misses out on that one item they wanted because another child had 6 of them!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now