About Philip and Holly?

(161 Posts)
Squishyeyeballs Thu 21-Jan-16 14:47:02

First off, I'm not entirely convinced that itv would allow 2 presenters who have been partying and drinking all night long live on air so I'm skeptical of whether it was genuine or not. But if it is true, then aibu to not be impressed? Turning up in last nights clothes still steaming drunk is unacceptable and so unprofessional in any job but for live tv presenters it is just beyond ridiculous. This kind of attitude does nothing for the current problem drinking epidemic. It is not cool or funny or mad. Itv really should know better. Or have I just lost my sense of fun somewhere along the way?

mummymeister Thu 21-Jan-16 14:48:19

they should be given a copy of the leaked bbc document that talks about pandering to talent. I wouldn't let anyone that worked for me turn up drunk.

TheCatsMeow Thu 21-Jan-16 14:49:14

Oh come on no harm done. Yes it's silly but there are bigger concerns

PaleBlueDottie Thu 21-Jan-16 14:51:02

People get drunk, people have hangovers. Some people even have to work the following day.

Never happened before has it? I would allow for a one-off.

So what

museumum Thu 21-Jan-16 14:51:05

I didn't see it but I saw that philip tweeted he'd overslept so they hadn't been drinking 'all night'. I was under the impression they were hungover not drunk.

Sirzy Thu 21-Jan-16 14:51:25

Meh I can get too bothered. The bit in last nights clothes was obviously staged, the fact they were out last night is hardly a secret.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Thu 21-Jan-16 14:51:40

'Current problem drinking epidemic' ??

Is there? Or did you just make that up to attempt to strengthen your, er, argument?

Higge Thu 21-Jan-16 14:52:29

Were they entertaining?

Vaginaaa Thu 21-Jan-16 14:52:55

I think they made the mistake of assuming viewers of this morning are smart enough to get that it was a joke.

arethereanyleftatall Thu 21-Jan-16 14:53:35

I thought it was funny.

SellFridges Thu 21-Jan-16 14:54:21

I think they were playing up to it a bit. But it's not that unusual - Radio 1 DJ's have been turning up drunk for the breakfast show for years, especially after a major event like the BRITS.

LagunaBubbles Thu 21-Jan-16 14:54:48

I am at work so I havent seen it but I read they were hung over, not drunk. But so what? I think your outrage is perhaps a tad OTT.

youngestisapsycho Thu 21-Jan-16 14:54:56

obviously staged!

breezydoesit Thu 21-Jan-16 14:55:23

It's a PR stunt. Gets them in the news again rolls eyes

KinkyAfro Thu 21-Jan-16 14:55:26

I also thought it was funny, especially when Phil said man sauce instead of mint sauce grin

angelinalo Thu 21-Jan-16 14:58:09

It was set up! They have rails and rails of spare clothes and outfits backstage - trust me! It was done for effect and ratings and they got exactly what they wanted.

Katenka Thu 21-Jan-16 15:03:12

They were hung over not drunk.

Yabu.

Sunnyshores Thu 21-Jan-16 15:03:41

It was once, a special ocassion and they were funny, so what!

There are so many other things Id rather complain about that pass for tv 'entertainment' these days.

Costacoffeeplease Thu 21-Jan-16 15:03:59

Of course they could have got new outfits if they'd wanted them - such an annoying pair, so ridiculous

randomcatname Thu 21-Jan-16 15:04:19

It's their job to be entertaining. I didn't see it but the idea of them being like that made me smile.

DrDreReturns Thu 21-Jan-16 15:04:53

'Current problem drinking epidemic' - I was under the impression that alcohol consumption is falling.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 21-Jan-16 15:04:57

It was just a joke. Had they really turned up steaming drunk & wearing last night's clothes, viewers would have seen 30 minutes of competitions, Alison Hammond's pre-recorded interviews etc. etc. while Ruth & Eamonn were rushed in by helicopter wink.

Either that or Holly & Phil would have been given fresh clothes, copious amounts of coffee and warned to be on best behaviour!

They were probably hungover, but not concerningly so I wouldn't say. And not actually still drunk.

shovetheholly Thu 21-Jan-16 15:05:20

It's This Morning, not Newsnight. They could probably do it while tripping on LSD.

mumto2andnomore Thu 21-Jan-16 15:07:27

I thought it was funny, it's not like they turn up like that every day

Hihohoho1 Thu 21-Jan-16 15:08:03

Wouldn't watch that anyway. It's utter bollocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now