Warburton's sandwich thins, wtf?

(49 Posts)
Ratarse Wed 20-Jan-16 13:46:35

I opened the packet and bloody hell, they're not joking about the thin thing are they! I wanted to make a toasties with it on my Breville, by the time I lifted the lid up, I could barely see it, just melted cheese everywhere.

Ratarse Wed 20-Jan-16 13:47:22

I wanted to make SOME toasties with it.

LemonBreeland Wed 20-Jan-16 13:49:05

Well they aren't really for toasties. They make a nice sandwich but are clearly not toastie material.

MaxPepsi Wed 20-Jan-16 13:49:09

I love them, but would never attempt toasties with them.

You need proper bread for that!

Herrerarerra Wed 20-Jan-16 13:49:10

I tried the Aldi ones, they're tasty but there's nothing to them. I used them in my George Foreman and there was more cheese on the plates than on the actual toastie.

Uptownfuckuup Wed 20-Jan-16 13:50:33

you need proper bread full stop
i have no clue why people eat sandwich thins i like to taste the bread on my sandwich

EatShitDerek Wed 20-Jan-16 13:50:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ratarse Wed 20-Jan-16 13:51:46

Yeah, I should have known better really, I'm a doorstep bread eater usually but am on a diet! grin

ByThePrickingOfMyThumbs Wed 20-Jan-16 13:52:48

Aren't they supposed to be a dieters bread? I think they only have 100 calories per pair so are an alternative to normal sandwiches for those who want to lose weight.

Queenbean Wed 20-Jan-16 13:53:09

I think they're quite good, you get a sandwichy taste without the heaviness of more bread. A one slice sandwich seems quite sad somehow.

A toastie that is all cheese and not much bread sounds like heaven on earth! Especially if it's all fallen out and gone crispy on the toastie machine

AlistairSim Wed 20-Jan-16 13:53:22

They're great for packed lunches, no crusts and just the right size for my children's appetites but for a toastie? Are you mad? You need big, thick slices or your ratios will be all over the place.

Schrodingersmum Wed 20-Jan-16 15:18:09

We use their gluten free ones, the kids love them as sandwiches, toasties and even mini pizza's but on a weight watchers diet theyre a no go for me as 5pts each

Nataleejah Wed 20-Jan-16 15:48:51

I microwave them. Not too much cheese. Very nice.

FuckyNell Wed 20-Jan-16 15:54:49

I prefer the thin seeded bagels. Bloody lovely they are

Floralnomad Wed 20-Jan-16 15:54:59

We have sandwich thins for lunch sometimes with hot fillings is chicken / fish with cheese / salad/ Mayo etc , so really using them instead of a roll / burger bun - very nice .

rockabella Wed 20-Jan-16 16:11:42

pop one in the toaster for 1 minute, open it and spread tomato puree, some toppings and then cheese. I add a sprinkle of mixed herbs then bung under the grill for 1 minute! Mini-pizzas, guilt free! I use low fat cheese, red onion, peperoni and its 350cals for one turned into 2 mini pizzas and a side salad :D

heckythump01 Wed 20-Jan-16 16:12:30

there fab if you top 1 and grill itsmile nom nom

Owllady Wed 20-Jan-16 16:14:24

Someone I know uses them to top pies instead of pastry....confused

WhirlwindHugs Wed 20-Jan-16 16:16:49

I'm not sure if they make the burger thins anymore but they were terrible! Got some free to try and they fell apart while we ate confused

ChristmasCabbage Wed 20-Jan-16 16:23:35

They're a godsend on a diet. 99 calories per thin. Magic grin

AppleSetsSail Wed 20-Jan-16 16:25:09

They are an excellent solution for bread-avoiders.

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Wed 20-Jan-16 16:25:23

I wouldn't class them as dieters bread, but maybe that's because I only have small loaves so they're actually more calories per slice than a Warburton's toastie slice.

They're nice toasted with loads of dairylea on top, but I don't like them for sandwiches <misses point of sandwich thins>

Pythonesque Wed 20-Jan-16 16:27:20

I agree the gluten-free ones are good but wouldn't attempt toasties with them. (except perhaps in a bag in the toaster). I still toast them but the inside stays soft and it makes a nice change from what I usually have.

Youarentkiddingme Wed 20-Jan-16 16:30:52

I buy the also ones. They are great for DS for lunch as he's not a sandwich fan and they are crust free.
I eat them because I'd much prefer a thick doorstop slice covered in anchor butter - but I'm on a diet!

Palomb Wed 20-Jan-16 16:31:49

They are like eating cardboard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now