to be a bit taken aback by my friends response on FB post (trivial)

(41 Posts)
NotGonnaAnswerThePhone Wed 20-Jan-16 12:37:34

I don't know if anyone has seen the video going round on FB where they have imposed Mr Bean into the 50 shades movie [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ttfL7-BB7M trailer]] but I reposted it on my FB as I thought it would raise a laugh.

This was her response:

*Was worried about watching this, thought it might ruin my love for 50... My feelings about these two films/characters are on completely different ends of the spectrum. Fortunately, it wasn't funny at all, even DP who hates 50 as much as she loves Bean thought it was shit too.

50 is saved. Bean remains dreadful. Win*

Then promptly told me to get Bean off her news feed!

NotGonnaAnswerThePhone Wed 20-Jan-16 12:38:17

oops did link wrong www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ttfL7-BB7M

stairbears Wed 20-Jan-16 12:49:38

What an odd response. I'd remind her that she can manage her own news feed, and congratulate her on noticing the satirical nature of the video.

ladymariner Wed 20-Jan-16 12:56:51

I wouldn't waste much time worrying about the opinion of anyone who professes to "love" 50!!! YANBU

WilLiAmHerschel Wed 20-Jan-16 12:58:52

She sounds a bit weird.

YakTriangle Wed 20-Jan-16 12:59:22

You could reply :
'Feel free to hide my post. Also, try watching some decent films or being more creative in your own love life so you don't have to drool over someone being spanked by an emotionally damaged abuser.'

Not really.

TheSecondViola Wed 20-Jan-16 12:59:43

Sounds like a joke. And...?

Brewdolph Wed 20-Jan-16 13:00:22

That was bloody hilarious op!

Thanks I needed a laugh. Tell your friend to get a life.

by now I would be posting pictures of every bean known to man on her profile page to piss her off

Oldraver Wed 20-Jan-16 13:01:21

Come on...you have to reply 'are you on glue?'

WorraLiberty Wed 20-Jan-16 13:01:27

Sounds like an attempt at dry humour to me?

Kewcumber Wed 20-Jan-16 13:03:46

It made me giggle

bigmouthstrikesagain Wed 20-Jan-16 13:07:09

Maybe your friend is called EL James? Is that the key info missed out of your OP?

99percentchocolate Wed 20-Jan-16 13:07:48

Very funny video, your friend is being odd - ignore!

LittleLionMansMummy Wed 20-Jan-16 13:07:53

I don't know her, you do. Could she be joking? I know a few friends who might reply in a similar way and I'd take it as a joke because I know their humour.

kali110 Wed 20-Jan-16 13:08:28

That's hilarious!

IndridCold Wed 20-Jan-16 13:11:54

God that was hilarious!

Your friend either has a very dry wit, or is an idiot!

DawnOfTheDoggers Wed 20-Jan-16 13:12:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 20-Jan-16 13:16:06

That was hilarious!

comedycentral Wed 20-Jan-16 13:20:03

I haven't seem50 shades, that video is funny. Your mate needs to get a life.

GruntledOne Wed 20-Jan-16 13:21:52

I haven't seen 50 Shades and don't intend to, but the funniest parts of that trailer were the sections from the original film, which looks utterly absurd.

Whatamuckingfuddle Wed 20-Jan-16 13:22:47

ill be your friend instead - that was comedy gold! My newsfeed is full of how much everyone I know loves their dogs and how ill they all are, interspersed with occasional 'lad bible' hilarity. A bean video would be a welcome change. Get new friends. Maybe I should too

mrstiggy Wed 20-Jan-16 13:26:10

I thought the video was pretty funny. And I refused to watch 50 shades and I really don't like Mr Bean. Can't get a much tougher audience then that.
As for your friends response, it was a little bit... odd I guess. But maybe it sounded a little more lighthearted in her head. I don't much agree with her taste in films either way. smile

MooseAndSquirrel Wed 20-Jan-16 13:34:51

That really made me laugh....your friend has no sense of humour.
I agree with pp suggestion - the only mature, adult response is to post hourly a new bean picture on her wall. I would add at least its on her wall not her news feed but I am childish
May I suggest these to start it off.....

BlueMoonRising Wed 20-Jan-16 13:39:57

I'm surprised that anyone admits to liking never mind loving 50 shades. I couldn't get past chapter three, it was so badly written.

I'd just laugh in response.

'You DO make me laugh. Your 'love' for 50. Next you'll be telling me you love Twilight too! There's only one thing worse than badly-written fan fiction. And that's badly written fan fiction that becomes mainstream'.

ScrambledSmegs Wed 20-Jan-16 13:40:27

That was funny! Your friend sounds a tad uptight - maybe limit what she can see on your feed? It's a useful tool if you like someone but don't want to have to get into weird discussions about whether Jeremy Corbyn would press the button to start nuclear war if someone had a gun to his head <sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now