Cleaner keeps going in the condom pot!

(103 Posts)
FarterChristmoose Wed 20-Jan-16 09:18:36

We have had a cleaner for 3 weeks, never had one before. When she comes I keep out of her way. She does upstairs on a Tuesday and downstairs on a Friday. I stay downstairs when shes upstairs and upstairs when shes downstairs.

My husband and I keep our condoms in a trinket pot at the back of the drawer in his bedside table.

Last Tuesday I went in the drawer for something and noticed the lid was off. Its not possible for the lid to be just knocked off.

Yesterday I checked the drawer after cleaner had gone and whist the lid was on, the condoms had been messed with, they weren't in a pile. I'd left them in a pile on purpose to see if they were messed with. None had been taken out.

I am pregnant so we're not using them! DH has been away since last Wednesday and is home today so I know it,s not him. The only explanation is the cleaner.

But why???

GlitteryFluff Wed 20-Jan-16 09:21:15

When you open the drawer surely it knocks the neat pile down into a messy pile?

stumblymonkey Wed 20-Jan-16 09:21:38

Very weird!

The only possible explanation that I can think of is that she found the condoms and was concerned she'd found your DH's 'secret stash' and given you are upduffed is checking they aren't being used (I.e. she's wondering if he's cheating on you)?

The reason this occurred to me is because I found my stepfather's stash of condoms (my Mum was sterilised!).

Katenka Wed 20-Jan-16 09:21:55

Did you count them?

Peevedquitter Wed 20-Jan-16 09:26:43

They may have fallen over.

Only sure way is to agree with your DH not to touch the drawer at all and do the sticking a hair over where it opens thing and if it's snapped you know she has been in the drawer.

I used to babysit when a teen as did my friend she came with me once. When the couple left much to my utter horror she started looking through stuff. I stopped her but apparently she always did this when babysitting as she was very nosey. She had no intention to steal but some people are I guess incredibly nosey.

PollyPerky Wed 20-Jan-16 09:28:07

Is it possible she is dusting or hoovering energetically, knocked the cupboard and everything inside got shaken up? That' seems logical to me.

You could try an old trick- put something like a hair in the lid of the pot (between the pot and the lid) she won't see it but if she does take the lid off the odds are the hair will fall out.

You might need to experiment by moving the cupboard yourself first to see if the hair is shaken out of place!

PollyPerky Wed 20-Jan-16 09:29:03

x-posts- good old hair trick but in a different place,

FarterChristmoose Wed 20-Jan-16 09:30:19

Yes counted them. The trinket pot just fits a certain amount in, and its full. They were stacked in two piles next to each other with no room to move accidentally.

Plus why was she even in our drawers??

gamerchick Wed 20-Jan-16 09:30:26

For Christs sake. If you feel the need to bait your cleaner then it's probably a sign you shouldn't have one.

FarterChristmoose Wed 20-Jan-16 09:31:42

Good idea about putting a hair there

antimatter Wed 20-Jan-16 09:32:24

She shouldn't be opening your drawers!
But she may be knocking your bedside table whilst hoovering.

Katenka Wed 20-Jan-16 09:32:37

For Christs sake. If you feel the need to bait your cleaner then it's probably a sign you shouldn't have one.

This^^

Or at least find another

firesidechat Wed 20-Jan-16 09:36:44

Perhaps she's an aggressive hooverer and knocks the cabinet.

jelliebelly Wed 20-Jan-16 09:37:28

My guess is that she moves the cabinet to dust/Hoover and it gets knocked over

steakpunararemediumwelldone Wed 20-Jan-16 09:41:27

Why don't you just talk to her.
' I have noticed a trinket pot is off kilter, I am sure you understand some things are personal so please from now on avoid that area as it is making me anxious, thanks. '
What on earth do you get out of baiting her?

gamerchick Wed 20-Jan-16 09:43:23

Seriously, fannying on with bloody hairs is edging into twilight zone land. Just change your cleaner if you're not happy.

Man I'll never do domestic cleaning... People are weird hmm

celeste83 Wed 20-Jan-16 09:46:16

As long as nothing is missing i don't see the problem. If you're prepared to have someone come to clean your house unfortunately you need to also be prepared to have your privacy invaded to a certain degree. I doubt very much she is going through your condoms on purpose she is probably just going about her work and things gets moved or knocked around a bit.

BoomBoomsCousin Wed 20-Jan-16 09:46:35

So she's going through your drawers? The condom pot thing is a bit odd, but the worrying part of this to me is that to do it she must be going through your drawers, and she presumably has no reason to open your husband's bedside cabinet drawer.

If that's the case, i.e. there's no reasonable explanation for her opening that drawer and she's been with you all of 3 weeks I would find someone else. If she's looking in that drawer she's probably looking in other ones.

Gobbolino6 Wed 20-Jan-16 09:48:14

I doubt she's counting your condoms. Is there absolutely no way they could move around when she moves the drawers to hoover?

Gobbolino6 Wed 20-Jan-16 09:48:50

Stick a note in the pot saying 'nosy fecker'.

Fifi10 Wed 20-Jan-16 09:50:19

If she's looking in that drawer she's probably looking in other ones.

^
If you're thinking this, then just bin the cleaner. I couldn't have someone in my house that made me feel that paranoid.

Also, who neatly stack condoms??

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Wed 20-Jan-16 09:52:19

There's no reasonable explanation for her to be opening that drawer.

LittleBearPad Wed 20-Jan-16 09:52:44

Weird cleaner threads on here at the moment.

Birdsgottafly Wed 20-Jan-16 09:57:21

Can you go in when she's cleaning around that area, because, as said, she might be moving or knocking the bedside cabinet.

Most professional cleaners really aren't interested in what they've come across and if they're experienced/older they've seen it all and don't give a shit what condoms or vibrators you use.

shovetheholly Wed 20-Jan-16 10:01:45

I've never had a cleaner, so I don't understand the issue here. Genuinely confused.

Why is it a problem that she's looking in your drawers? Don't cleaners do the insides of things as well as the outside? I'm in the middle of doing my annual spring clean and I take everything out of the drawers and wipe the drawer and then put it all back again (neatly this time).

Also, things that are just stacked up in drawers do fall over all the time. This is why those dividers are such a godsend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now