to feel fed up lately

(12 Posts)
cjt110 Tue 19-Jan-16 11:12:19

It's nothing in particular but lots of little niggly things that are making me feel so fed up lately.

At home, I feel like the little things I need to do are endless. (I say need, they are the tasks I like to have completed). So like making sure the house is clean and tidy before bed, making sure lunches and stuff is ready for the next day for all 3 of us. It doesnt seem to stop! I try to be as oragnised as possible yet I seem to forget something, or dont get the task complete. Last night, I looked round the lounge before going up to bed - sippy cup and toys strewn on the floor, a duvet that was in son's play tent on the chair with Iggle fucking Piggle sat in it. Pots waiting to be washed. Items discarded on the dining table left in their place. I just thought fuck it and went to bed. I knew I'd only end up tidying them this morning but I CBA last night.

My son (17m) is learning how to be a two-nado far too early and I'm struggling with the tantrums and frustration he vents.

Work - Having issues with 2 different colleagues. Makes coming to work feel awkward and not nice. Havent ever had this in my working life. Ever. Feeling quite like a skivvy and under-appreciated.

Feeling pressure financially as we are trying to save for a family holiday in the summer.

I just... feel like absolute shit today. Have already been in tears by 930 this morning and would happily walk out of the office and not come back.

It's just an off day I'm sure but sigh.

gleam Tue 19-Jan-16 11:34:23

Can you list your work issues - someone may have ideas?

flowers Hope your day improves.

cjt110 Tue 19-Jan-16 11:44:16

I have one colleague (posted a post about her on FRiday) who just speaks to and treats me like shit. I (as far as I am aware, haven't done anything to upset or offend her and it pisses me off and upsets me that I get treated the way I do. Pissed off at myself for allowing it to happen but also don't want to rock the boat and create further tension.

Another colleague - has been with us approx 6ish months. He's a teleappointer. His job is to make appointments by emailing/calling potential customers. He gets commission for each appointment made as a result of his contact. He sits in my office with me. We get on quite well (or so I thought) and once or twice I have seen a different side to him (towards me) that has upset me when a customer has called in, not mentioned collegaue has contacted them and I have passed to one of the salesman (as per the procedure if they are a "fresh" lead. I let this go and put it down to experience. Issues arouse recently and I said on a few occasions to speak with his manager (our GM) and he didnt. It came to a head yesterday before I left work and I left feeling upset. I took a proactive approach this morning and said "Ok, I'm going to do X then we'll go and speak to GM together" I came back and he had already gone into the GMs office, door shut and was having a conversation. I knocked and was told to come back in 5 mins. I felt belittled, humiliated, backstabbed. GM then called me into the office and basically made me feel like utter shit like I had done wrong, wouldnt let me really put my point across.

Just ARGH!

Birdsgottafly Tue 19-Jan-16 12:28:45

No advice on the work issue, but I can remember the feelings of being on a treadmill, when my youngest DDs were a similar age and I was working FT.

It's cliche, but you have to hold on to the positives, your spending your disposable income on a lovely family holiday, rather than 'you have financial worries', work is helping this to happen.

This is a blip, in your life, my youngest is 18, my life is a doddle and my house is as tidy as I choose it to be, my point is, it does all right itself, eventually.

It's also the crappiest month of the year.

I would challenge how your being spoken to, in a professional manner.

Birdsgottafly Tue 19-Jan-16 12:29:36

Well, my house is tidy until I have my GD.

cjt110 Tue 19-Jan-16 12:33:51

Thanks for your reply Birdsgottafly I just wish life felt a bit kinder right now!

My house is always tidy - I cannot stand untidyness and last night, I just didnt care less. I cant wait to get our family holida booked so I have something to look forward to - add a bit of sunshine (metaphorically too!) into my life.

I have already been told by said the female colleagues manager she is happy for me to say "X I do not like the way you have just spoken to me. If you have a problem with me, please let me know"

stumblymonkey Tue 19-Jan-16 12:35:02

When I was having some trouble with people at work I read a couple of books on being assertive and on having difficult conversations and that really helped me work my way through it.

I totally feel your pain with 'chores'...are you a perfectionist at home? Perhaps try giving yourself a break....there are houses all across the land right now that have a pile of dirty dishes and kids toys....as long as everyone is fed and no-one is dead the rest is just 'nice to have'

gleam Tue 19-Jan-16 13:21:00

Could you email the GM, copied to your line manager, to set out your side of things?

Also ask for clarification on what you should do re the customers who call in and don't mention colleague's prior contact? (I'm assuming you do ask the customer if someone from the company has called them first?)

Re house stuff, that cooking thread's really resonating with me at the moment. So much cooking over and over again. And the dishes - my dishwasher needs emptying and reloading again. Nothing ever stays done, obviously, but it just seems like 5 minutes since it was last done.

cjt110 Tue 19-Jan-16 13:21:28

Stumbly I will try and find some books like that. Yep self inflicted perfectionist here. I heard the saying "Everyone fed, no-one dead" and really liked it. I wish I could live by it!

cjt110 Tue 19-Jan-16 13:23:37

Following this morning, the procedure has been clarified gleam I guess I feel upset because the GM didnt give a fig what I was trying to say, and that the colleague went behind my back. Totally made me doubt my opinion on him.

gleam Tue 19-Jan-16 13:40:55

Well you know what to think of your colleague now.

cjt110 Wed 20-Jan-16 09:10:12

Still havent really spoken to him. Very awkward but he knows he's annoyed/upset me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now