to be thinking of a suitable punishment after DP has possibly broken my finger? (lighthearted!)

(9 Posts)
Timeforanamechangy Mon 18-Jan-16 22:52:51

Ow ow ow sad

Messing around this evening and DP jokingly went to kick me. Stupidly I blocked with my hand.

Cue lots of crying and a very sore, very swollen little finger.

Aibu to think, despite it being totally an accident, that I need to come up with a suitable punishment for DP?

Suggestions welcome grin

ProudAS Mon 18-Jan-16 22:59:30

Guilt trip him and make him your slave until finger is 100% healed.

PeridotPassion Mon 18-Jan-16 23:13:04

Break his finger. It's only fair.

Timeforanamechangy Mon 18-Jan-16 23:17:45

I would but it might make it very difficult for him to do his job!

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 18-Jan-16 23:42:37

Well, you need to rest finger for a couple of weeks for it to heal.

You can't wash up. Iron. Vacuum. Cook...

StarkyTheDirewolf Tue 19-Jan-16 00:35:38

Milk it, milk it, milk it. Dh swooped in for a kiss at an angle I wasn't expecting once, heabutted me, and gave me a nosebleed. That was 6 months ago and ill still occasionally drop it into conversation grin I phoned my dsis to tell her and she had to put the phone down on me she was laughing so much.

He's given me a black eye and winded me in his sleep before now the flaily flapping bastard.

Disclaimer, Dh is a gentle giant. he was MORTIFIED.

Roobix04 Tue 19-Jan-16 00:51:22

Oh yeah definitely milk it while you can. Don't overplay it though. My dm is always trying to play fight with my step dad. She has ms and is a clumsy fuck so always always hurts herself. He no longer feels guilty grin

HicDraconis Tue 19-Jan-16 08:32:14

First up, sort your finger out. Padding between it and your 4th finger, then strap it to your 4th finger (the uninjured finger acts like a splint). Ice packs (or frozen veg in a tea towel) help with swelling. Regular paracetamol and ibuprofen for the pain.

Next up - it's vitally important you rest your hand. It'll take 4 weeks to heal, during which time you shouldn't cook, clean, iron, carry heavy baskets, pour wine (although drinking it is fine!), carry shopping, or do anything that might get the strapping wet (aside from a bath or light shower). So your DP will have to sort all that. For a month.

DH broke my toe once (2 years ago, he kicked it during a karate class where we were partnered). I still remind him of it 😄 He acted as my taxi service for 4 weeks while I was hobbling around.

Sunnybitch Tue 19-Jan-16 09:03:39

You should definitely put a huge bandage on it for health and safety reasons and so when anyone asks what happened you can relay the story of how he nearly killed you There should be no cleaning, cooking or running errands of any kind. And he should make sure you have an endless supply of wine for the pain of course grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now