To think this is so AGEING

(242 Posts)
AddToBasket Mon 18-Jan-16 20:14:14

Being over-specific about how you want your hot drink. Don't do it! You can choose milk and/or sugar. That's it. Any further instruction makes you sound like you buy your shoes from an insert in the Telegraph weekend supplement.

'Just dunk the bag and take it out quickly could you?'/'Not too much milk, please'/'just the one sugar, but if you could make it a smallish spoon'/'I prefer a good slug of milk'.

Urgh. Verbal varicose veins.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Mon 18-Jan-16 20:15:48

I am confused.

DontKillMyVibe Mon 18-Jan-16 20:16:32

Nope, don't associate it with age at all

PolovesTubbyCustard Mon 18-Jan-16 20:16:36

YABVVVVU

nothing wrong with being specific. I hate having to force down a wishy washy weak pint of coffee or bitter over stewed tea.

Behooven Mon 18-Jan-16 20:17:21

Not ageing no.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Mon 18-Jan-16 20:17:22

What's ageing about it?

TheCatsMeow Mon 18-Jan-16 20:17:23

YABU. I can't stand coffee or tea but there's nothing wrong with knowing how you like it

expatinscotland Mon 18-Jan-16 20:17:40

WTAF is this about? What is 'ageing' about how you take tea?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:17:44

Eh?

Sparklingbrook Mon 18-Jan-16 20:17:51

I think picky people come in all ages TBH.

People like you describe should just make it themselves.

Pipestheghost Mon 18-Jan-16 20:18:07

Yabu, most people I know have a specific way they like their tea/coffee.

Palomb Mon 18-Jan-16 20:19:01

What?

Mines a dash of red milk and one sweetner.

RatherBeRiding Mon 18-Jan-16 20:19:33

Eh? Tea comes in all shapes and sizes and if I don't specify that I like it quite strong I might get some weak milky undrinkable slosh.

Really don't get the ageing thing at all. confused

Sparklingbrook Mon 18-Jan-16 20:20:43

Here's the colour chart you could get people to choose.

TheDowagerCuntess Mon 18-Jan-16 20:20:45

It sounds very annoying. But aging...?!

Clearly more to this than you're giving in the OP.

Follyfoot Mon 18-Jan-16 20:21:46

What a lot of nonsense, YABU. How can the amount of milk/sugar you have in your tea be ageing?

Ageism is one the few 'isms' which seems to go unchallenged on Mumsnet. And as for the shoe insert comment hmm

ghostyslovesheep Mon 18-Jan-16 20:22:30

no idea why it's ageing?

CMOTDibbler Mon 18-Jan-16 20:22:41

I don't think its ageing, just slightly annoying. I'll drink tea or coffee in just about any state, including russian style with the grounds if thats what the person making it offers.

I guess if you are paying for it, you can specify 'low fat coconut milk, guatamalen espresso, 1 pump of vanilla, 1 pump of caramel, extra hot' if you so please though. But not at the hospital tea bar or similar.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Mon 18-Jan-16 20:22:45

Ooh I like abut of Midnight Savannahbrew

IfNotNowThenWhenever Mon 18-Jan-16 20:23:18

Yeah fucking older people with their annoying ways. Bastards.
Ooh, sparkling I love the chart. I'm Midnight Savannha. Useful.

Backingvocals Mon 18-Jan-16 20:23:52

I am specific about my tea. But then I am 107 so it's to be expected.

Lurkedforever1 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:24:10

I must have been a very aged preteen.

It's actually very ageing to get bothered by how anyone takes a drink, do you intend making it the subject of your weekly letter to the local rag?

Sparklingbrook Mon 18-Jan-16 20:24:58

You can get the colour chart inside a mug too. Mine's a Brew Ha Ha.

NinaSimoneful Mon 18-Jan-16 20:25:22

Yabvu
If you were talking about people making a laundry list of requests then you'd have a point but saying you like a 'good bit of milk' or 'a smallish spoon of sugar' is hardly issuing divaesque demands. If I were making tea for someone I'd prefer they gave me a clue as to how they like it, rather than me making a cup of tea with too little milk or too much sugar and the tea going to waste undrunk. When I could have tweaked it slightly and they'd have had a nice cup of tea and no waste.

IfNotNowThenWhenever Mon 18-Jan-16 20:25:34

X post sandiego All the best people are Midnight Savannha doncha know. <flips thru Telegraph looking for shoe inserts>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now