WIBU to have today off?

(9 Posts)
CatThiefKeith Mon 18-Jan-16 11:48:12

I work Wednesday to Saturday, dh works five days and anywhere between one and 4 evenings.

Usually I do the lions share of housework/laundry and cooking as I have the most time off, but Sundays we both do a couple of hours of chores/tidying so that I can spend Monday and Tuesday doing ironing, changing beds, food shopping and batch cooking. Dh usually has a gig to work on Sunday nights.

Yesterday was a bit different as my niece stayed Saturday night, and I took her, dd and the dog to the beach before driving niece home (next county) I left at 12, returned at 5, and found the house exactly as I'd left it, since dh's gig had blown out so he'd spent the afternoon in the pubangry

He got home at 9, and said he'd help today as he only had 4 jobs today, then this morning another engineer was sick so now he has 9 and won't be home til at least 7pm.

WIBU to spent today doing feck all and then insist we spend a couple of hours doing it together tonight instead?

PoppyFleur Mon 18-Jan-16 11:50:07

Sounds like an excellent plan. Enjoy your day off!

CatThiefKeith Mon 18-Jan-16 11:51:25

Blimey, thanks Poppy, was half expected to be flamed for being a lazy cah! smile

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Mon 18-Jan-16 11:53:01

Nah. If you don't pull your weight and relax instead then you pitch in later. Tis the rules

Gobbolino6 Mon 18-Jan-16 11:58:20

I'm sympathetic. My DH went out last night for the third night this week, slept on his mate's sofa (I am 90% sure I believe him) and rolled in at 9.30 just in time to leave for an appointment for which he'd booked the day off. I was up much of the night with my ill baby, got the 3 kids out of the house this morning, came back with the baby. He's still not back from his appointment so I'm sure he's had some horrible procedure done (dental) and will require bed for the rest of the day. He's not lazy usually but I'm a bit miffed at this point. He's been at the dentist for more than 2h?!

CatThiefKeith Mon 18-Jan-16 12:02:51

Gobbolino I'd go nuts if he did that. I'm pissed off enough that he did fuck all yesterday tbh. I was even less thrilled when an Indian chap clutching a bag full of curry rang the doorbell last night at 8.55, making the dog bark and waking dd up.

Dh ordered it from the pub and it was quicker than he though it would be. I had no cash to pay for it and was in mismatched pyjamas.

Words were exchanged

CatThiefKeith Mon 18-Jan-16 12:18:09

Just realised I will still have to do the food shop though. Cupboards are empty, as is the freezer. sad

Norest Mon 18-Jan-16 12:20:21

Totally justified. And make him do the food shopping!

CatThiefKeith Mon 18-Jan-16 12:38:08

Norest I would love to, but we need to eat and I doubt he'll be home before dd goes to bed.

He has form for this sort of thing. Usually it's cutting the grass. Puts it off til the next day then it rains or he ends up with extra jobs.

Grrrr angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now