New job - crushing anxiety

(2 Posts)
selly24 Mon 18-Jan-16 10:39:47

Started new job couple of weeks ago. It is not that challenging - duties pretty straightforward, have experience in the field but just not feeling settled, in fact have crushing anxiety every work morning, feel that I just don't 'fit'. Boss made a big deal my lack of skills in a minor area a couple of days (declared lack of skill in this area at interview) in a way that I thought was unkind and bordering on humiliating...sad Colleagues are a bit annoying too.

I am just not feeling the lurve iykwim..... In fact am feeling like shit/panicking at prospect of going in. Is this normal? AIBU?

I think I need to get out of there asap - how to without causing too many waves....?

Janeymoo50 Mon 18-Jan-16 10:43:50

It's too soon, it's such early days yet and starting a new job is so stressful. Try and give it a bit longer (and try some rescue remedy). Ask yourself the same question in 4 weeks. I hope it gets better soon, it usually does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now