I just watched ghostwatch and now I am scared

(12 Posts)
winewolfhowls Sat 16-Jan-16 23:19:07

Watched it on YouTube.

Dated but still really scary, Sarah greene and parky pretty damn convincing (if you haven't seen it its an early nineties mockumentary about a poltergeist )

winewolfhowls Sat 16-Jan-16 23:20:08

Oops thought it was chat.
Iabu to be hiding under the covers?

boopsy Sat 16-Jan-16 23:23:53

Ha it's fake but I suppose that doesn't help as horror films are fake and still scary!! Imagine watching it as a young teen as I did but believing it was a real documentary, also parents were out. Now that was scary (until the end when the cameras started flying about and me and my sister creased up knowing we had been tricked lol)

rosieposey Sat 16-Jan-16 23:24:01

I watched this when i was 20 and pg with DD1 - i was so scared afterwards too.

Bloody Pipes!

winewolfhowls Sat 16-Jan-16 23:27:28

I think what is making it worse is that my toddler likes to creep up on me in the night and try and get into bed, so I am half expecting to be freaked out.

britespark1 Sat 16-Jan-16 23:28:00

Ahhhh pipes!! Watched it 'live' at the time then again in DVD a few yrs back with mates to take the mick. Regretted that we did!

Titsywoo Sat 16-Jan-16 23:29:34

I watched it Live when I was younger. I was babysitting my brother and we ran around to our neighbours absolutely terrified!

winewolfhowls Sat 16-Jan-16 23:34:24

The thing is I was watching it at first thinking this is cheese as fuck but then I got drawn it.

Did snuck a bit at the twelve days and the cats were eating his face bit

winewolfhowls Sat 16-Jan-16 23:36:35

Just read a story about a perhaps connected suicide
www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/parents-blame-tv-programme-for-sons-death-1565122.html very sad

Oakmaiden Sat 16-Jan-16 23:44:20

I was terrified when it was first on. I had to phone my mum when it finished and get her to check in the radio times to make sure it was a drama and not actually a real live documentary!

However, knowing that it was broadcast over 20 years ago, and thus emphatically not ture, I can't imagine it being as scary to watch now...

Bonkerz Sat 16-Jan-16 23:45:55

Got it on DVD. Love watching it. I remember having it taped and spent hours rewinding to see 'pipes' by the curtains etc

britespark1 Sat 16-Jan-16 23:46:11

Oakmaiden you can borrow my DVD and see ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now