To send DH for a pedicure?

(16 Posts)

To be honest I'm more worried about the person doing it...
We're going on holiday soon and his feet are fairly unpleasant. Anyone know any men who have their feet done? And go they just go to a regular beauty salon?

AliceInUnderpants Sat 16-Jan-16 21:50:50

YABU

Surely he makes the decisions about his own body?

Of course he does. He is strangely keen on the idea. Maybe that's what I find a bit weird...

MyCatHasStaff Sat 16-Jan-16 22:24:08

The lady who does my nails/pedicure etc is married to a soldier and she often does treatments for him and his mates.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 16-Jan-16 22:26:39

You need a chiropodist

HerbieRidesAgain Sat 16-Jan-16 22:31:00

My DH has a pedicure occasionally. He got a voucher for one for his birthday, he has also been the only one of us brave enough to try the 'fish' pedicure when it was all the rage smile

ClaudiaNaughton Sun 17-Jan-16 16:20:23

I remember being on holiday in Boston and having a pedicure. In walked 2 policemen, obviously regulars, and had their feet done. Thought it was such a good idea as they were probably on their feet a lot but couldn't imagine it happening in U K somehow. It was fifteen years ago.

SmallGreenBouncyBall Sun 17-Jan-16 16:22:26

of course men have pedicures. maybe not with pink nail varnish.
if he's keen why not.
they have probably seen worse.

MiddleClassProblem Sun 17-Jan-16 16:25:27

Most spas have men's pedi treatments, a lot of salons do now too. If I were you I'd leap on that pamper bandwagon and go for a spa day together once the post holiday blues have kicked in

Penfold007 Sun 17-Jan-16 16:32:55

The salon I go to often has men in there for pedi and manicures. I haven't seen any of them having coloured polish but it's their choice.

skankingpiglet Sun 17-Jan-16 16:44:44

I agree it sounds like a chiropodist would be a better choice if they are 'unpleasant'. I've been threatening to buy DH a session for years, but now he gets all the gear out at home and does it himself every few weeks. It's not just a looks thing and thankfully he's finally realised it's important to look after your feet. TBH he could probably still do with seeing a professional to really sort them out then just maintain at home, but he's a tight arse!

HSMMaCM Sun 17-Jan-16 16:47:03

I booked my DH in for a pedicure and manicure. He was sceptical but loved it.

Grilledaubergines Sun 17-Jan-16 17:15:28

My local nail salon always has men in there. It's nothing odd.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Sun 17-Jan-16 17:27:45

"his feet are fairly unpleasant"

Oooh, in what way? Is this going to be a klaxon moment? wink

MatildaTheCat Sun 17-Jan-16 18:19:20

My dh once had his feet done at a Thai place on the beach. He gets very dry cracked skin on his heels which they shaved off very well and did a fine job.

At the end they passed the minging and full pot of dead skin around the whole premesis with much pointing and laughing. grin

He's since had them done in the uk without comment. Of course men need to look after their feet.

jonquil1 Sun 17-Jan-16 19:10:38

I bought dh a pampering session for Christmas. This was a 'proper' wet shave, a facial, nose hair trim, etc, haircut and mani and pedi. His nails were smoothed and buffed and shone so much I was sure they'd put clear varnish on them.

An added bonus was that it got him out of my hair for a whilegrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now