Aibu to think his family are cheeky feekers

(25 Posts)
Tamponlady Fri 15-Jan-16 19:34:47

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3401442/Judge-says-homeowners-beat-burglars-new-householder-defence-does-not-break-human-rights-laws.html

If you enter someone else's home and get your ass handed to you be lucky your not dead and leave it at that

What the frigg are you doing in someone else's house Barr someone who has demnntia or someone who sleepwalks in to someone else's home there is no reason to be in someone esles home and the father of this guy should be more concerned on why he raised somone who thinks its ok to take from others if that's what he was doing he would of being trying to rape or any crazy shit

And for once justice has been done they should make a poster with the slogen with buglers beware

GruntledOne Fri 15-Jan-16 19:40:04

Buglers should definitely beware. Also trombonists, flautists and trumpet players.

Tamponlady Fri 15-Jan-16 19:41:10

Lolgrin

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Fri 15-Jan-16 19:42:15

He's probably just really upset that his sons in a coma.

Tamponlady Fri 15-Jan-16 19:45:19

We yes but he wouldn't be if he stayed at home and chose to watch the telly

Instead of taking his anger out on the victims who didn't know if he was going to harm there kids , rape there wife kill them of god knows what

Chicagomd Fri 15-Jan-16 19:46:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chicagomd Fri 15-Jan-16 19:47:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tamponlady Fri 15-Jan-16 19:52:02

Really alleged what reason would you have to be in someone else's home I really can't think of one bar sleep walking or having dementia and wondering in to the wrong house

TheGoodEnoughWife Fri 15-Jan-16 19:53:25

I agree that people should have the right to defend their property.

(I also suspect the 'alleged' comes from the fact there will have been no trial for this case due to the situation of the 'alleged' intruder)

Tamponlady Fri 15-Jan-16 19:54:34

I personally if found some random in my house I wouldn't be asking what they were doing that would came after the ass kicking

Birdsgottafly Fri 15-Jan-16 20:04:01

There's also a lot of questions that were never answered by the Police, in this case.

One of the Officers should have been suspended, but wasn't, he resigned.

The family wanted answers and if appropriate, assault charges, brought in.

I agree with the right to defend yourself, but I don't agree with using excess force.

TheGoodEnoughWife Fri 15-Jan-16 20:05:00

I agree, there is not good reason and I would like to be able to defend my family. I also don't feel personally at risk of this ruling as, so far, I have never been found in someone else's house uninvited.

TheGoodEnoughWife Fri 15-Jan-16 20:06:00

I agree, there is not good reason and I would like to be able to defend my family. I also don't feel personally at risk of this ruling as, so far, I have never been found in someone else's house uninvited.

Tamponlady Fri 15-Jan-16 20:06:20

Problem is what a frightened person with all the aderline may do is Diffrent from what you would do in the cold light of day also we have no idea how much the bugler was resisting being put down

HermioneWeasley Fri 15-Jan-16 20:08:04

I'm not sure what's reasonable and what's excessive in the situation of a stranger in your home which can only be with malintent.

I think you should be allowed to do whatever you feel is necessary in that situation. Since we don't have firearms (generally) in the UK, it would rarely be lethal.

TheGoodEnoughWife Fri 15-Jan-16 20:08:06

And what do you do? Restrain an intruder or wait to see if they have a knife or gun and then try and restrain them?

Don't break in and threaten folk and you can go about your day safely!

Tamponlady Fri 15-Jan-16 20:10:41

Tbh honest I think if you break in to someone's home a threaten for example somones kids or a wife with rape some would say you Haverfordwest lights of you left in a coma but with your life

Tamponlady Fri 15-Jan-16 20:14:05

Oh said bet he's crb is about 5 pages long

Totally scum bag thing your in the wrong by cry human rights to deflect from your wrong doing yuck

diddl Fri 15-Jan-16 20:15:20

I agree that you should be able to defend your home & the people in it.

I also can't help thinking WTF happened for him to end up in a coma?

I remember my neighbours thinking that they were being broken into.

It was someone completely pissed thinking that it was his house, who in frustration at not being able to get keys in the lock, smashed the glass in the door.

How fucking terrifying.

And in the days before mobiles so that a lot of people would need to come downstairs to phone for help.

Fortunately I'm a light sleeping nosy fucker & had called the police.

lostInTheWash Fri 15-Jan-16 20:16:20

by a householder who claimed to believe that he was an intruder into his home

Odd way of phasing it - gives odd impression to me guy was visiting someone as in for sex in the house and someone else didn't like it and decided to fake claim they were intruder and attack them.

Otherwise surely there is no need for words claimed and believe - he'd be an intruder.

Tamponlady Fri 15-Jan-16 20:20:13

As it's not been proven in a court of law they can't say intruder

Furiosa Fri 15-Jan-16 20:43:39

He's an "alleged intruder" because he's in a coma and can't be charged never mind prosecuted.

I think this is fair TheGoodEnoughWife makes an excellent point. How can this possibly affect the law abiding. I know people can be drunk and try and get in to someone else home but I'm sure that's less common than actual burglary.

If someone is threatening you or your family's safety the instinct to protect them is overpowering. Imagine being prosecuted for hitting some trying to attack you, the idea you were endangering their life from beating them on the head because they had sought you out to attack, rob or rape?

Maryz Fri 15-Jan-16 20:47:08

I would like to know more about the case before passing judgement on the mans' father. It seems he was beaten up badly enough to be in a coma, and that there were five people involved.

We don't know he was a burglar - he could have been a friend of one of the housemates, he could have gone to the wrong house etc etc.

I doubt very much the father deliberately " raised somone who thinks its ok to take from others if that's what he was doing he would of being trying to rape or any crazy shit" - I'd say he's very upset at what has happened and is justified in doing what he can to help his son.

Bogeyface Fri 15-Jan-16 20:48:22

The way I see it, if you put yourself outside of the law with your actions, you should not then be able to rely on that same law if something happens to you as a result of those actions.

If I broke into someones home with the sole purpose of robbing and/or hurting them, then I should not be able to bleat to the police if I got my arse handed to me by the householder. Either you respect and follow the law, or you dont, and if you dont then you are on your own.

lostInTheWash Fri 15-Jan-16 20:57:10

I do understand he can't be charges so wouldn't be surprised by alleged intruder being used - would expect that.

Maybe it's me but claimed to believe that he was an intruder doesn't equal alleged to me - so like Maryz would want to know bit more before condemning the alleged intruders family and their behaviour.

Not that I think people breaking into other people home shouldn't expect to face violence from the householders who would feel under threat which I think it the main point of the thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now