To go away for the weekend a few days before my induction of labour?

(11 Posts)
HTKB Fri 15-Jan-16 09:08:46

I booked a weekend away for myself and DH as part of DHs Christmas present. I knew I would be 37+1 - 37+3 so I paid a bit more so I could cancel at very short notice. It's only a 25 min drive from where we live. We have a DS who is four.

Since booking it, I've developed some pregnancy complications which mean I will be induced at 38 weeks I.e. The Thursday following our weekend away. DS will be staying with my parents whilst we're away.

Now I'm feeling guilty about the weekend.... Should we be spending our last weekend as a family of three apart? Should we cancel the weekend and spend time doing fun stuff with DS instead? DH thinks we should go as it's our last chance for a little break for a while and DS gets fun stuff all the time!

Would you go?

GailLondon Fri 15-Jan-16 09:13:12

I'd say its fine to go if it's only 25mins away. I bet DS will have a lovely weekend being spoilt by your parents!

Headmelt Fri 15-Jan-16 09:16:05

I would go on your break away but put your hospital bags in the boot just in case. Have fun and relax, it'll be good for the baby and good for you.Your ds will have a great time too

DamedifYouDo Fri 15-Jan-16 09:16:29

If it will give you a chance to relax and rest then I would go and enjoy, it's close enough to home if you are unwell and ds will be having fun.

mayaknew Fri 15-Jan-16 09:18:43

You should go!! I'll be 38 weeks on Tuesday and I so wish we had booked a wee night away in January before the baby comes.

Have fun grin

AnnaT45 Fri 15-Jan-16 09:34:08

I would go too. It's not far away and you need some space on your own before to relax. Enjoy it!

PennyHasNoSurname Fri 15-Jan-16 09:37:43

Do it! Theyve scheduled your induction for then as they want to get in before labour starts - they think it is unlikely to start before that.

Enjoy it! Take notes, labour bag and carseat just incase.

If it was my Hotel you were staying at id refund you if you went into labour amd had to leave for that reason grin

mayaknew Fri 15-Jan-16 09:42:51

Aw Penny that's so nice!! Where is your hotel winkgrin

PennyHasNoSurname Fri 15-Jan-16 10:01:21

Hahaha!

jay55 Fri 15-Jan-16 13:47:49

It's the last chance for you and your husband to have decent alone time for a while. Go for it, unless it's stressing you out too much.

Littlef00t Fri 15-Jan-16 14:41:46

Just make sure you have a really ds-focuses weekend the weekend before. And don't feel guilty when you're there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now