to think that when a famous person dies you should have a quick look & see if there is already a thread on it?

(11 Posts)
Merguez Thu 14-Jan-16 13:44:55

Seen at least 7 threads about Alan Rickman. And I haven't been looking for them.

Very sad of course.

AuntieStella Thu 14-Jan-16 13:50:21

I think the most threads I've seen for a death were Peaches Geldof (runner up Bob Holness)

Quite a lot of breaking news stories provoke multiple threads,math at are essentially duplicates.

I think it's a pity, because then comment all gets fragmented. And some things might be better together.

whitershadeofpale Thu 14-Jan-16 13:52:09

I started a thread and did look but there were others by the time I'd posted.

TannhauserGate Thu 14-Jan-16 13:52:20

Bob Holness died? sad

maggiethemagpie Thu 14-Jan-16 13:52:47

I'm quite proud that the thread I started on Peaches ended up being mentioned in the daily mail ....... I only said you shouldn't do heroin if you're at home alone with a small child in the house.

RonniePickering Thu 14-Jan-16 13:52:58

Yes, have a look how many threads there are and then start another thread griping about them.

GloriaSmellens Thu 14-Jan-16 13:53:52

Bob Holiness died?!

AnUtterIdiot Thu 14-Jan-16 13:54:29

I reported my own AR thread to MN who have told me they're moving it to In The News. I am very sorry for any stress or upset that I caused to you by posting it here.

PS this is a thread about a thread but it's ok, I'm not going to report it.

GloriaSmellens Thu 14-Jan-16 13:55:08

Holness

And also x post.

<gets coat>

TannhauserGate Thu 14-Jan-16 13:56:17

Holiness far better!

CuttedUpPear Thu 14-Jan-16 13:56:53

So the fuck what?
I doubt his actual friends and relations care how many threads there are on here or if there are none at all.

If your mission is to today up MN then good luck to you, you can start by kicking out all the chats from AIBU.

Otherwise, MYOB.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now