to ask nursery to send out an email regarding lost shoes?

(5 Posts)
MrsH1989 Wed 13-Jan-16 20:46:18

I normally send DS to nursery in cheapish shoes as they often get ruined but last Thursday they went for a walk and DS jumped in alot of muddy puddles. Shoes needed cleaning and drying so the next day I sent him in his clarks shoes (with some wellies for the puddles!). MIL picked him up that afternoon and mentioned when I collected him that she couldnt get his shoes on. Well, they were the wrong ones but EXACTLY the same. He is an 8G these were a 7G. She said they were the only ones there but nursery old her a few kids had the same shoes. It is now wednesday and they have not been returned, (i returned those we had). If they don't turn up by Friday would it be unreasonable to ask nursery to email the parents asking them to check? Clarks are not cheap and whilst I am down a pair of shoes another child has a pair they can "grow into". WWYD?

NotAWhaleOmeletteInSight Wed 13-Jan-16 20:48:44

Ask the nursery to sort it out. The other family may not have even realised.

elephantoverthehill Wed 13-Jan-16 20:50:38

This happened to me just before Christmas. Not at nursery but in year 6. Another pupil had taken DDs shoes. I e-mailed the class teacher and it was quicly sorted out.

rosewithoutthorns Wed 13-Jan-16 21:00:23

DS has lost so much stuff over the years that I just cannot quantify the amount. Not sure I'd ask them to email everyone though as I'd feel a bit cheeky. Up to you though and why not (Im a woose I suppose).

This is probably where labelling things is a good idea.

HarrietSchulenberg Wed 13-Jan-16 21:04:09

I would definitely ask the nursery to sort it out, but would label everything that goes to nursery from now on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now