Aibu

(4 Posts)
Fuzzballs Wed 13-Jan-16 17:22:41

The topic. The train and yogurt threads got me thinking about it. Now I know that people post ill advised over the top self centred things on here but the reactions are often way too harsh IMO. It's feels like mob mentality rules and we get to 20 or 40 pages of sarcastic, cutting, personal comments, opinions and attacks. Often the op gets flame for defending themselves which anyone would do when faced with such a pack of wolves. It seems like the aim is to get to a full thread of attacks which serve no purpose other than to make the p feel wretched.
I posted something ill advised on here when my first baby was newborn, my parents had both just died suddenly in the preceding weeks and I was a mess. To be fair no one here knew that but they did know I was a new mum. The reactions I got made me so paranoid about mixing with others parents in case they judged me in the same way as people here had done, that I sank into a deeper depression and barely left the house with new baby for months and made no mum friends at all. All I am saying is that these posts are often attacks for the sake of it and very damaging potentially.
I won't return to this thread because I don't want to see what peolple are saying about how precious I am etc but I felt strongly about making the point.

hesterton Wed 13-Jan-16 17:24:34

I agree that sometimes posters pile in and pile in and pile in. Once a point has been made it can look a bit mob like.

CaptainCrunch Wed 13-Jan-16 18:28:12

AIBU is full of arseholes who think they are much cleverer and funnier than they are. Loads of them are nasty aggressive trolls masquerading as regular folks and they clearly enjoy insulting people just because they can.

There's also masses of threads where the op's point is wilfully missed repeatedly.

For example "I've just had a terrible haircut, she's done the exact opposite of what I asked for, aibu to ask for your terrible haircut stories to make me feel better."

Response a) gosh op you want other people to have had terrible haircuts, how nasty.

b) why didn't you speak up during the haircut ffs???? You only have yourself to blame op.

c) take to twitter op!! Stop her butchering other peoples hair.

d) report her to trading standards op, demand your money back or a replacement haircut!!

e) sigh, get a grip op, it's only hair

f) gosh op, how passive aggressive

And so on till the end of time...

Fuzzballs Wed 13-Jan-16 19:59:12

I didn't think I could take the flaming but curiosity got the better of me and I checked the thread. Not the response I was expecting, am pleased I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now