To bloody hate mud.

(33 Posts)
katemiddletonsmama Sun 10-Jan-16 18:13:05

I hate it. I hate it, I tell you. It gets everywhere. It sucked off my son's shoes and he got mud all over his socks which went all over the carpet even though I'd stripped him at the door and put his clothes in the washing machine (he's primary school age so don't call social services). We went for a walk on bloody CONCRETE and there was still 10 feet of mud.

Mud should be in a field. I would like mud if I had servants to take my clothes at the door and wipe the mud off in a suitable boot room or something. But I don't. It's bad enough having to wash son's football boots every week without even more bloody shoes and wellies covered in the foul stuff.

All I wanted to do was to get some fresh air. I wish I'd never moved out of the city. And no, I can't move back there, thanks for that thought. I'm stuck in this bloody mud.

formerbabe Sun 10-Jan-16 19:40:18

I live in London but there is still mud on my dcs shoes! Then it gets in my car. ..It makes me sick to look at it.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 10-Jan-16 19:52:29

I have spent much time in mud lately. I don't usually mind mud but my wellies, snow boots and walking boots have all sprung leaks together so I have constantly wet feet.
Just waiting for trenchfoot now, tbh.

knobblyknee Sun 10-Jan-16 19:59:51

You live in the country, you're supposed to get a dog grin

elephantoverthehill Sun 10-Jan-16 20:00:52

Where my DCs go to school there is a particular type of mud that gets into the weave of the fabric of the PE shirts and will not wash out. It is the same with the sand on the beach close to their school it gets in the swimming costumes and will not come out.

CremeEggThief Sun 10-Jan-16 20:11:11

YANBU. Horrid stuff!

mudandmayhem01 Sun 10-Jan-16 20:16:17

Embrace it, cross country running, mountain biking, fell running, mud is just part of all things that are actually fun in this family ( and unfortunately in the house and car) hence the user name, roll on summer though the washing machine can't take much more.

LittleBearPad Sun 10-Jan-16 20:28:13

I live in the city. Me, the buggy and DDs boots are all covered in it. As is the back seat where she kicks her feet. I'm fed up with it.

katemiddletonsmama Sun 10-Jan-16 21:04:41

The only good mud is when it's in a mask or an entire body wrap. And then someone else can clean it off me (for a hundred quid).

FML.

nancy75 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:09:12

Joining in the mud hate, DH slipped on a muddy path on his way home from work on Friday and broke his leg - bloody mud!

elephantoverthehill Sun 10-Jan-16 21:12:43

Oh dear Nancy obviously mud has its evil side.

Kingfisherfree Sun 10-Jan-16 21:19:06

YANBU I moan about it most days. I have two dogs that have churned up the garden, filthy. I mop the floor they go out to the toilet, I mop the floor, they go out to the toilet, I mop the floor arghhhhharghh!!!! The fridge etc is filthy from their muddy paws!

Kingfisherfree Sun 10-Jan-16 21:20:42

... but then I think I'm lucky not to have a house that has flooded and most of it's contents ruined - so it's not that bad. I have a mop!

BonitaFangita Sun 10-Jan-16 21:20:51

YADNBU, after standing in a waterlogged field to watch football and then driving home three muddy and sweaty teenagers I definitely feel your pain. We got a good win though which takes the edge off the fact I've only just started to get the feeling back in my toes
Hope you DH recovers quickly Nancy

Soooosie Sun 10-Jan-16 23:25:42

Why do you dislike it? I LOVE mud. I like getting filthy. I like the adventures involved and the warm baths afterwards. All 4 of my kids are the same.

Tangfastics Sun 10-Jan-16 23:37:54

I've got 3 dogs, it's a fpita!

Bring on the frost next week!

5Foot5 Sun 10-Jan-16 23:45:56

The muddiest place I know is Staffordshire. They really do mud properly there. Sometimes you just have to accept the mud. One of my favourite walks goes through an incredibly muddy bit, but it is worth it for the rewards later on (Chrome Hill)

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Mon 11-Jan-16 07:08:40

YY to the poster who mentioned special school mud that is impossible to wash out! And the constant mopping required when you have a dog/s I'm another one looking forward to this weeks frosts

Catsize Mon 11-Jan-16 07:14:16

You want servants to take your clotges off at the door? All sounds very Lady Chatterley..

Haggisfish Mon 11-Jan-16 07:15:05

Yabu-I love mud!!

Catsize Mon 11-Jan-16 07:15:40

I am assuming the servants would be wiping the mud off a (now naked) you in the boot room OP? [wibk]

TheSecondOfHerName Mon 11-Jan-16 07:23:01

My children are playing outdoor sports (rugby etc) nearly every weekday, bringing home kit and boots that look like they have been dipped in mud. I now have a system with buckets and soaking.

Topseyt Mon 11-Jan-16 08:42:54

I hate it, but with two dogs needing walked regularly though, it is a fact of life.

I am in Essex, and the soil here is a heavy clay, which is enormously slippery when even slightly wet. At the moment I hardly dare take the dogs into the fields. I'd need a wetsuit and flippers and my muck boots have just sprung a leak note to self to order new ones this week.

BiddyPop Mon 11-Jan-16 08:47:27

The footpath outside my VERY city centre offices is currently caked in mud from a number of building projects locally.

DD gets covered whether at home in the (suburban) city or visiting DPs/DMIL in the countryside.

It's a pain, but it's part of life....

DeeDee33 Mon 11-Jan-16 08:50:01

Mud is annoying but inevitable outside. But when the mountainbikers in the family drop mud in my shoes stripping off in the lobby, then more mud from their muddy legs on the bathroom mat, and leave it there...... Grrrrrrrrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now