Wanting marriage/ another child

(10 Posts)
Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 10:33:49

I'm in my 30s. Single and not likely to meet anyone. Really want another child and marriage etc but I rarely meet anyone that's single and or interested in me. I'm
A student so I don't meet anyone there it's female dominated. Not working so that's out too. Tried online dating never got past the first date. Feel so desperately unhappy have an awful track record with men they never see me as relationship material, they just dump after sex. I already have one child from the only relationship I've ever been in which ended in disaster. How can I change my life for the better? Please help

Birdsgottafly Sun 10-Jan-16 11:35:28

If you do start Uni in September, things will pick up, it will open you up socially as well as increasing your earning level.

nameschangerer Sun 10-Jan-16 11:36:23

Online dating?

Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 12:02:43

Tried it nameschangerer.. No success

Toystory4 Sun 10-Jan-16 12:08:57

You say you never get past first date but that they dump you after sex. Do you have sex on every first date? A lot of men on OD just want notches on their bedposts.

Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 12:11:24

No .. I don't sleep with them on first date. They decide not to see me again. In real life where I've met men it tends to last a bit longer a few dates then when we dtd they lose interest...

specialsubject Sun 10-Jan-16 12:39:53

tricky with a kid, but try to start a hobby you enjoy. That way you meet people with interests and begin as friends.

there are men out there who won't lose interest once they've had sex with you. I suspect swipe and shag online sites are not the place to find them.

try to put the desire for another child on the back burner for a while.

Eebahgum Sun 10-Jan-16 13:53:38

I tried several bouts of od on different sites before I met dp. And often said I was never trying again because it didn't work. Know several people who met nice men online. I'd suggest giving it another go.

TheSecondViola Sun 10-Jan-16 14:11:11

Online dating but be a bit pickier. If you've given up on all the options then of course you aren't going to find anyone.
Plus if you're giving off the marriage & children vibe on a first date, that is going to put people off (sorry, but its true)

nextusername Sun 10-Jan-16 14:22:59

Are there student clubs/societies where you can meet likeminded people or try something new?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now