Aibu to think she may be a frenemy??

(11 Posts)
Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:22:32

Sigh. So just been out for drinks with a friend. It was okay and such but I just couldn't cope with the constant references about her and her boyfriend, she's recently got with someone and she tells me intimate details of her sex life word for word, what he does for her in other ways support wise, presents, is buying her a new car (she can't drive) says about a man who I was kind of seeing "oh he was just using you for sex" ( see my other threads it's such a long story ) and if I got talking to any other guys she would say "oh I saw him kissing/ talking to someone else " now I'm not particularly bothered, but it feels like she is basing all my self worth on the fact I'm not coupled and as if it isn't difficult enough as a single parent, it's like she's trying to say she's better than me because she's with someone... She's a sp too but has had many more relationships than me and it's making me question myself that I'm not going to meet anyone decent and tbh it hurts... So what do I do about it all? Please help.

Throwingshade Sun 10-Jan-16 08:25:58

She sounds about 15!

Look, whether she's a 'frenemy' or not, whatever her motivations are, she makes you feel bad about yourself. She also makes you feel annoyed and you don't actually enjoy meeting up with her.

Just keep meet ups to a minimum. Or if it's possible (depending on whether she's part of a friendship group and how long you've known her) just stop seeing her completely.

sotiredofthis1 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:27:42

I think limit the amount if time you see her. Who needs "friends" (or in my case my SIL angry) who make you feel like crap?

She sounds insecure and jealous (and a bit tedious) - is she?

sotiredofthis1 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:28:30

of not if

Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:38:45

It could be she is jealous of me applying to uni and possibly getting a place this year. She has 4 kids and I know she wanted to do the subject I'm doing so maybe this is it. So difficult nights out are rare any way as all my friends are coupled, sometimes I just wish I had a single friend to hang out with

IJustLostTheGame Sun 10-Jan-16 10:19:49

You'll meet single mates at uni.

Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 10:26:48

I'm in my 30s maybe I will but I doubt it.

reni2 Sun 10-Jan-16 11:12:28

If there is no big emotional bond and she makes you feel crap, drop her.

Birdsgottafly Sun 10-Jan-16 11:14:00

I went back to Uni as a Mature Student, I was older than you.

The nights out arranged are for everyone and there was never an issue about the age range 25-45 on my course.

Your 'friend' will be s distant memory come September.

OurBlanche Sun 10-Jan-16 12:20:12

I was mid 30s when I went. It was great. Most of the social stuff was fine whatever your age (I just left early, occasionally smile)

You won't even remember her name by Christmas grin

Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 12:27:40

I hope I'm accepted, it's a very very competitive course which I've applied for ... It will give me something to look forward to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now