To think certain habits (like nose-picking) should be left behind closed doors?

(7 Posts)
CarbonEmittingPenguin Sat 09-Jan-16 16:26:06

Just that actually. I was very early for a morning shift so decided to kill an hour in the local Costa. Sat on the table adjacent was a man entranced by whatever he was doing on his laptop whilst also picking his nose vigourously.

I know this doesn't affect me in any way but I did look at him and feel disgust.

Salmotrutta Sat 09-Jan-16 16:46:14

YANBU!

Lots of people seem to do this whilst stopped at traffic lights and seemingly believe they are invisible.

And what on earth do they do with the resulting "detritus"?

Let's hope they don't sneakily wipe it somewhere.

<feels a bit sick>

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 09-Jan-16 17:06:29

YANBU.

Definitely one for behind closed doors. And if people really feel the need to nose pick in public why can't they be speedy and discreet about it? Some people look like they're rummaging for lost change.

ThomasSofty Sat 09-Jan-16 18:21:33

It seems to be a popular pastime for fellow passengers on my daily train journey. It's horrible, and they should use a blimmin' tissue. The worst part is when they then inspect their nails/fingers for bogies. Blurgh!

Justmuddlingalong Sat 09-Jan-16 18:29:19

I find that saying, "Give me a wave when you get to the bridge" usually stops the offender from anymore nasal rummaging. grin

coughingbean Sat 09-Jan-16 19:12:19

Blergh! It makes me feel nauseous seeing people picking their noses envy

OhforGodsake Sat 09-Jan-16 19:30:22

I was on the train going to work, first day back after Christmas break. Train was packed, no seats left, passengers standing in the aisle. Man next to me actually shuffled further towards a seat so that he could steady himself with one hand whilst he gouged around in his nose with his free hand. And between each foray up his nostrils, he pulled his finger out to inspect his findings. He showed no sign of embarrassment when the occupier of the seat <and me> glared at him. had to move away for fear of vomming on my shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now