DANGEROUS Yeo Valley yogurt pots

(534 Posts)
Albie20 Fri 08-Jan-16 12:05:24

Hello everyone. Firstly let me introduce myself. My name is Denise, and I am a grandmother of three. I have registered with the site today, to warn parents of the hidden dangers of Yeo Valley yogurt pots. I use the word hidden, as after having contacted them about a serious cut to my grandsons tongue at Xmas, they wrote back and said they was aware of the situation with the sharp pots, but still have no intention of putting a warning on the packages. They then had the audacity to send me £2 in vouchers as a way of an apology! My 3 year old grandson simply licked the pot like children do. The problem is the extremely sharp plastic that's there once the pots are separated. This is clearly a case of putting profits before the welfare of their customers. SHAME ON YOU YEO VALLEY!

Albie20 Fri 08-Jan-16 12:06:34

Please be aware of these yogurt pots!

fluffiphlox Fri 08-Jan-16 12:06:55

biscuit

balletgirlmum Fri 08-Jan-16 12:07:18

Actually no, my children have never licked the pots. Plastic can be sharp if it snaps. Parents need to supervise.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Fri 08-Jan-16 12:07:35

Why was he licking the outside of the pot? confused

Sirzy Fri 08-Jan-16 12:07:40

The pots are not designed to put put in the mouth.

I have never let Ds lick the inside of a pot, nor have I done it myself. the lid is a different matter

Of course when you separate plastic there is a risk it will be sharp

RealHuman Fri 08-Jan-16 12:07:58

It's a yogurt pot. They have pointy bits. Perhaps direct your grandson not to lick pointy bits?

slicedfinger Fri 08-Jan-16 12:08:02

Albie, this is a parental supervision and decent manners issue, and not a safety one. Yeo Valley are really not to blame here. A three year old really should not have any reason to lick a plastic pot.

m0therofdragons Fri 08-Jan-16 12:08:11

I love yeo valley. Buy the big tubs and spoon it into a bowl. I would have thought this is a danger of any snap apart type yoghurt?

ThumbWitchesAbroad Fri 08-Jan-16 12:08:30

<pressed post too soon>
The outside of the pots would be relatively unhygienic to lick, he shouldn't have been licking them at all. Yuk.

HanSolo Fri 08-Jan-16 12:09:07

Surely you checked it first? Baby purees come in similar, but I wouldn't give one to a toddler, I'd decant the contents.
Personally, I would never let a child lick out a pot! They're never too young for manners. I know the ones you mean, we have those, and since they changed the packaging, they're much sharper on one side.

RealHuman Fri 08-Jan-16 12:09:25

Trying to imagine the warning label.

"WARNING - snapped plastic may have pointy bits. Yogurt may be hot if heated."

OverScentedFanjo Fri 08-Jan-16 12:09:27

I don't allow pot licking, but thanks for the warning. 😉

HanSolo Fri 08-Jan-16 12:10:22

grin
I thought my post might be too arsey, but refreshing, I see we're all of the same mind!

Sirzy Fri 08-Jan-16 12:10:24

Imagine how big pots would have to be to get in all the warning labels for people who lack common sense

BrokenVag Fri 08-Jan-16 12:10:29

WTF? Only member of our family to lick a yoghurt pot in the past 20 years was a golden retriever (after all humans had finished with it!).

Perhaps you should focus your energy on teaching your grandson not to lick yoghurt pots, knives or batteries. hmm

Sleepybeanbump Fri 08-Jan-16 12:10:43

Totally agree. We should ban all sharp things. Just in case children lick them.

hmm

slicedfinger Fri 08-Jan-16 12:10:52

Perhaps if you grandson has one of these biscuit, he can dunk it in his yoghurt.

AwfulCuntForTheButter Fri 08-Jan-16 12:11:57

I thought this was going to be a thread about how dangerously moreish Yeo Valley yoghurts can be (the Greek ones with ginger or honey? OH GOD YES), but alas I'm disappointed wink

eeyore2911 Fri 08-Jan-16 12:12:00

confused Please be careful out there folks, sharp things may be sharp! wink

redhat Fri 08-Jan-16 12:12:04

He shouldn't be licking the rim of the custard tin either. He'll cut his tongue.

What is the world coming to? Why is everything someone else's fault.

pinkdelight Fri 08-Jan-16 12:12:23

You should write to those people who make knives. Course anything sharp will cut your tongue if you lick it. That's why they don't make lollies and other things you're supposed to lick sharp. Eeesh...

Oogle Fri 08-Jan-16 12:12:36

What you really wanted was compensation, wasn't it Denise?

YABU - not that you asked, but why on earth would you allow him to lick out the pot? It's common sense really isn't it? You don't need to shove the pot in your mouth to realise it has sharp bits on it.

Deux Fri 08-Jan-16 12:12:43

Oh for goodness sake, whatever next.

How ridiculous. Of course they aren't dangerous.

Jackie0 Fri 08-Jan-16 12:13:28

Decant it into a bowl suitable for a child his age.
Sorry I agree with the other posters , he shouldn't have been unsupervised or given the plastic container.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now