to think i can make sommat nice with 400g diced pork.

(9 Posts)
TeaFathers Tue 05-Jan-16 16:22:55

i'm not the best cook. and i need to clear out my freezer.
i have:

400g diced pork
2 onions
1 turnip
thick home made tomatoey soup
rice
pasta
a bit of cream
paprika
cayenne pepper
chilli flakes
mixed herbs
chicken and veg stock cubes

what the jeff can i make? that pork needs to be used up.
help me please confused

Iambubbles86 Tue 05-Jan-16 16:24:48

Bung it all in a slow cooker minus rice and pasta and turnip and see what happens. I reckon it would be delish

TeaFathers Tue 05-Jan-16 16:27:32

I don't have a slow cooker. i can't buy one because i'm almost sure i'm relocating and don't want the extra luggage.

thanks though smile.

Ohfourfoxache Tue 05-Jan-16 16:28:41

Fry onions
Brown pork - remove and set aside
Add a wee bit of the soup - enough for a sauce
Add paprika and mixed herbs and a stock cube
Simmer and add pork back into the sauce
Serve with pasta or rice

Or if you've got coriander, cumin, garlic you could add that instead of the paprika?

BarbaraofSeville Tue 05-Jan-16 16:28:59

I would slow cook it (hob, oven on low, or slow cooker if you have one but adjust times as necessary) with onions, tin of tomatoes, splash wine, bit stock, paprika, garlic and chorizo.

After a couple of hours or when the pork is nearly tender, throw in a drained tin of butter beans and give it another hour. Serve with crusty bread.

FindoGask Tue 05-Jan-16 16:30:18

The pork would go well in a creamy tomato and paprika sauce (using up your soup and the cream), you can use the onions as a base and a pinch of the cayenne and or/chilli flakes. Good with rice.

The turnip should last a while longer.

MuttonDressedAsMutton Tue 05-Jan-16 16:30:54

What Ohfour said. Honestly - that'll make a lovely casserole. You could bung in some beans too if you like. And I'd add garlic and fennel seeds to make it more Italian. You don't need a slow cooker - you could do it in the oven in a casserole dish or stove top in a lidded pan.

Ohfourfoxache Tue 05-Jan-16 16:34:38

Aw, thanks Mutton blush

TeaFathers Tue 05-Jan-16 16:54:20

i'm inclined to use rice as an accompaniment as i'm trying to put pasta with other things i need to use up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now