To wonder what, if anything, happened with Bottlestop?

(6 Posts)
Grilledaubergines Sun 03-Jan-16 15:30:18

Hopefully lots will remember the campaign, started by the widow of the bottle attack victim. I often think of her as at the time it was so sad to read all her messages on the Bottlestop page. I've looked but can't see whether the campaign was taken further/is being taken further. Does anyone know? It was all looking so positive but then went quiet.

Birdsgottafly Sun 03-Jan-16 15:37:59

It doesn't look like anyone else took it up.

I agree with only 'Plastic outside' and at some venues, I don't agree with a full glass ban.

YellowDinosaur Sun 03-Jan-16 15:40:00

I remember her posting that she was finding it all a bit overwhelming and needed some time to be with her family. I haven't heard anything since but like you have thought about her off and on since then.

Grilledaubergines Sun 03-Jan-16 15:45:40

I would tend to agree Birds. I don't think it would be necessary everywhere but certainly outside venues etc.

It's a shame it wasn't taken further then as at one point was really gaining publicity and support. Totally get that she was overwhelmed though. She worked hard on it and I guess it was probably quite therapeutic to get involved so passionately. Such a tragedy.

Birdsgottafly Sun 03-Jan-16 15:51:44

There were changes in policies around taking Glass outside etc and when licences etc are applied for, the 'Policing' of that (via Doormen) have to be set out in writing.

Theatres, Concerts that I've been to, now are all plastic.

Birdsgottafly Sun 03-Jan-16 15:53:10

It didn't get the number of signatures to get addressed in Parliment, so there wasn't quite the support.

I don't know if that would now be different because of the increased use in the Internet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now