to think that some people...

(41 Posts)
Lostmyxmasspirit Sat 02-Jan-16 20:56:15

Only comment on some threads to be purely confrontational? confused

ChickadeeChick Sat 02-Jan-16 20:57:17

Well I don't know why you'd think that. Who on earth do you think you are?! grin

Lostmyxmasspirit Sat 02-Jan-16 20:58:57

grin I've seen a few things over the last week or so that just make me think WHY bother commenting if you're only doing to be nasty and make assumptions about the thread. Especially if people are asking advice - if you think they're fibbing then why would you even entertain them. Because if they're fibbing for replies you're giving them what they want hmm

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 02-Jan-16 20:59:15

Fuck off!

grin

Lostmyxmasspirit Sat 02-Jan-16 20:59:49

Fuck off right back!
wink

ChickadeeChick Sat 02-Jan-16 21:01:24

grinsome people are just wankers aren't they.

Coldlightofday Sat 02-Jan-16 21:01:52

AIBU is robust.

There are more sensitive sections. Relationships, for example is generally measured and helpful.

Pesto can turn into a gunfight on AIBU

Coldlightofday Sat 02-Jan-16 21:02:24

*bunfight blush

Lostmyxmasspirit Sat 02-Jan-16 21:03:13

I was just thinking about some threads whereas if the subject was absolutely genuine and the posters were ripping them apart in RL then they would look like absolute horrible people. Then again they are anonymous behind MN usernames aren't they gringrin

Catzpyjamas Sat 02-Jan-16 21:07:25

YANBU. There are certain posters who just come on to start an argument or to be rude. I often wonder if they are that rude in RL or just when they are anonymous.

BigChocFrenzy Sat 02-Jan-16 21:08:15

My iPad keeps writing BUMfight, hmm which sounds confrontational and rather messy

Lostmyxmasspirit Sat 02-Jan-16 21:19:23

Bumfight grin

AlanPacino Sat 02-Jan-16 21:43:24

You soon work out who posts just to be confrontational when their posts don't follow a common narrative. Some posters are confrontational but their responses tend to fall into a cohesive set of beliefs regardless of wether we agree or not. My thinking is that if someone comes across as confrontational (and we usually reserve that label for those who think differently to us) then I take their posting history as a whole and decide if it's in keeping with their general musings.

BigChocFrenzy Sat 02-Jan-16 21:55:56

Yes, a few Mumsnetters are batshit do have an unusual mindset / worldview, but they are consistent through many threads.

Others just enjoy putting the boot in any OP and / or claiming they must be bridge-dwellers

Lostmyxmasspirit Sat 02-Jan-16 22:01:08

Very true. I've watched two posts tonight and thought you know what If everything on here is actually true then you are a right fuckin gobshite and they could really do without your obnoxious comments

Frusso Sat 02-Jan-16 22:07:24

Well I think that's bollocks. What give you the right to call everyone confrontational? Huh huh huhhhh?

Bumfight grin

wasonthelist Sat 02-Jan-16 22:26:25

You goady troll op

BadgersNadgers Sat 02-Jan-16 22:30:40

Kiss my are!

BadgersNadgers Sat 02-Jan-16 22:31:58

Arse! fucking spelling thing on phone needs an education.

Lostmyxmasspirit Sat 02-Jan-16 22:42:14

Lol I'm not a troll and I'm certainly not saying every Mumsnetter is guilty of this smile

Lostmyxmasspirit Sat 02-Jan-16 22:43:15

Have you seen what an iPhone suggests if you type lardass grin

babyheave Sat 02-Jan-16 22:43:45

Are you lookin' at me? Eh? Eh??????

angry

grin

acatcalledjohn Sat 02-Jan-16 22:43:56

I thought that on the DSD thread, where the OP got rather nasty comments about her being the problem.

However, just for the sake of being confrontational to you I have only one thing to offer:

biscuit

wink

SparklyTinselTits Sat 02-Jan-16 22:47:41

I think "goady fucker" should be added to the Oxford English Dictionary:

Goady Fucker
noun
A person who endeavours to make themselves appear as cuntish as possible on a popular parenting forum. Usually ends up derailing a perfectly civil conversation/debate. Sometimes this is called "being goady fucked"
Eg. "Oh dear OP, looks like your thread has been goady fucked"

Lostmyxmasspirit Sat 02-Jan-16 22:50:33

Thanks for the non confrontational no comment wink
I was tempted to comment on that thread then thought better of it. But that was one of the ones i was thinking of.
I have to sometimes feel for these 'goady fuckers' who offer very strong opinions because they are putting a lot of effort into something which really doesn't affect them at all. I nearly said LOL then blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now