To ask when to message him?

(9 Posts)
MsPeabody Tue 29-Dec-15 04:52:38

Very casually want to invite someone I've met a couple of times out for a drink. We've been on a couple of dates and he seemed keen and was lovely, but things have been quiet over past few days.
Added difficulty is we live far away from each other so can't just plan a meetup spontaneously..
As luck would have it I'm going to be in his area for friend's bday on Saturday for a few nights.
When should I message him with heads up that I'll be in the city? I was thinking early on Thursday?? Also is drinks a good or boring third date, if he agrees to it that is!

Peppaismyhomegirl Tue 29-Dec-15 05:17:18

No drinks is a good idea! I would message earlier tho incase he made plans. So message tomorrow saying there's a chance your in te area and would you like a drink?

MsPeabody Tue 29-Dec-15 05:21:59

Fab, thank you!!!
Message so far is: hi, hope all's good! If you're around this weekend, I'm heading to [his city] on Saturday for a couple of days - let me know if you fancy a drink xx"
Sound ok?

Seeyounearertime Tue 29-Dec-15 06:13:20

Personally I'd replace:
let me know if you fancy a drink xx
With
do you want to have a drink at [bar]? Xx

It's only a small change but the first way could be read and forgotten by accident, where as asking directly requires an answer.
Iyswim?

Postitblue Tue 29-Dec-15 06:20:52

Yes message asap in case he makes plans! Maybe mention that you are in town visiting friends so he dosent think you've randomly decided to go up / down there. Hope it goes well smile!

FarrowAndBallache Tue 29-Dec-15 07:52:40

I'd tell him why you're heading to his hometown too so he doesn't think you're some strange stalker lady wink

x2boys Tue 29-Dec-15 09:09:17

yeah definatley tell him your there meeting friends it might be a bit odd if he thinks you are just going on the off chance of seeing him plus theres no pressure then he can either meet you or not but you will be out anyway?

Blueprintorange Tue 29-Dec-15 10:05:09

It depends on how well the dates went, have you been in contact since the dates or is this going to be out of the blue?

MsPeabody Tue 29-Dec-15 14:11:55

Yeah we have been in contact since the dates, they were good. I've got lots of friends who live in his area as lived there myself originally but agree I should probably say something so he doesn't think I'm a weirdo!

Ok so now I've got "Hi, hope all's well! If you're around this weekend, I'm heading to x city on Sat for a few days to see friends - do you want to go for a drink in [place]? x"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now