To feel proud of my local community

(4 Posts)
LittleMissGeneric Mon 28-Dec-15 21:58:48

There has been terrible flooding (West Yorkshire) as you will have no doubt seen on the news.

But the amount of support from local people is just overwhelming.

The world can seem like such a scary horrible place, with evil people, but this week so many people from all the communities are pulling together.

When the kids are back in school next week I'm going to help if I can, as I feel so useless at the moment, and when the businesses are back up and running I will support them.

It's sad to see people going through this, but people have been donating so much, and helping, and really pulling together, and while there is bad in the world, there is so much good as well.

BatsUpMyNightie Mon 28-Dec-15 22:55:18

Aww that's nice. It's certainly true that disasters do bring out the best in people - well most people (not looters and burglars!) It's nice that you're thinking of helping too. I definitely would if it was my community.

holeinmyheart Tue 29-Dec-15 00:22:05

I have been flooded and this Wednesday I am facing another flood warning as Storm Frank is expected ( such cosy names)
The villagers in my small community have been absolutely brilliant.
I love them.
38% of us have actually been flooded, with around 89% being threatened. It is absolutely horrible. My heart goes out to anyone in the same or worse situation.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 29-Dec-15 00:28:17

What a beautiful story of loyalty support and togetherness. There certainly is more good people in our world than bad and you thread just proves it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now