To want to change my life completely for the new year

(4 Posts)
usernamesandgingerbreads Mon 28-Dec-15 13:07:58

I hate where i live but was persuaded to live here with the promise of family help which never materialised when I left exh
There is no community, no activities or classes, no community centre etc. I have been here five years and no no one.

My exh is a twat and is still trying to control me.

I have two teenage children. One has SN. I get no help. One is going through an awful patch. Refered to camhs and will physically attack me.

I cared for my Grandfather through to death with half the family giving constant opinion but doing nothing to help.

I ended up crying through most of Christmas. I am beyond stressed. I have put approx five stone on as a result of never having enough food with exh and going the other way now.

I cannot go on like this. I am going to lose the plot if i do.

Dontunderstand01 Mon 28-Dec-15 13:13:38

I am in a vastly different situation but equally want to change nearly everything about my life: job, where I live, lifestyle.

It sounds as though you have been through some really awful times. Do you think counselling/ cognitive behavioural therapy might help you to address some of the stressoul aspect of your life? I had cbt in the past and it was very helpful.

ProfessorPickles Mon 28-Dec-15 13:15:46

Do you think moving will be your first step to changing OP?
Somewhere with a community and classes would do wonders by the sounds of things! Classes would be a great way to get out and meet new people!

I hope 2016 brings you happiness OP

Fckup Mon 28-Dec-15 13:24:32

No you're not at all! You only have one life and you need to change yours. Work out some small things to change that will help you feel more in control of your life and start with those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now