No contact/presents

(10 Posts)
Wilma123 Sun 27-Dec-15 01:56:57

So long story short no presents / phone call off parents who live abroad loads of pix on Facebook of frivolity all day Xmas day then Boxing Day gets a text 'oops forgot your gifts paid money in bank, should have done it last week but didn't u have it now' is it me or is that naff

SparkleSoiree Sun 27-Dec-15 02:34:15

What normally happens? What would you prefer happens?

FastWindow Sun 27-Dec-15 02:39:14

Payday was 24th. Very embarrassing. Are they hard up?

Itscliffmas Sun 27-Dec-15 02:58:36

Sparkle I think that she/he would probably prefer that their parents showed a little more thought and not to be an after thought.

YANBU op, it's shit!!

Mmmmcake123 Sun 27-Dec-15 03:06:10

Mmmm a bit shit xxxx

SparkleSoiree Sun 27-Dec-15 04:28:36

Itscliffmas I was trying to understand if there was a pattern or not and whether it was presents or a money transfer the OP was referring to.

I know OP would prefer that the parents showed more thought or else she wouldn't have posted but thanks for your assistance.

Iwonderwhy123 Sun 27-Dec-15 06:18:49

That's really rubbish and YANBU to feel upset about it. A bit more thought should have been given to send a gift in time.

It's not about being grabby for presents or money, they could have sent a couple of little stocking fillers in a parcel at least.

My elderly grandparents live in another country so usually send money for DC as they don't know what to buy but they always send a couple of thoughtful gifts like special Xmas tree decorations as well.

quietbatperson Sun 27-Dec-15 13:00:20

FastWindow not necessarily. I got paid on the 19th a do every month.

OP that is crap, but I'm guessing that there's a back story to this.

alleypalley Sun 27-Dec-15 13:07:59

That is quite horrible. My dp's used to live abroad, it's not difficult these days you can just order stuff on line and have it delivered straight to the recipient.

Wilma123 Mon 28-Dec-15 00:31:02

There is a huge back story I have spent years of caving in after being treated like crap then smoothing things over - but this has been the last straw not about the gifts or the money just the principle of it they have no money worries at all v comfortably off X thanks for your replies x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now