To get all emosh?

(7 Posts)
guajiraguantanamera Thu 24-Dec-15 16:07:03

Just found one of ds's (9mo) suits from when he was first born and it has turned me into a blubbing mess.
I had severe baby blues when he was first born and didn't enjoy it and now I feel guilty and wish I could have one more cuddle with him as a new born and actually appreciate it this time!

Time for the gin and chocolates I think...

acquiescence Thu 24-Dec-15 16:11:38

I have a 5 week old, I am on and off quite baby bluesy and find myself wishing this time away until he is bigger and I am less tired (aware this may not be the case)
Your post made me think I should appreciate his little cuddly body more and his cute tinyness as it won't last forever.
I'm glad you are feeling better now. Happy first Christmas to your little one!

MamaLazarou Thu 24-Dec-15 16:12:04

I know that feeling. I had PND and often wish I could go back and do it again so I could be a bit nicer to him!

How old is your DS now?

Crazycatlady27 Thu 24-Dec-15 16:12:30

YABU to use the word 'emosh', it's 'emotional'.
YANBU to be having a emotional moment when finding your DS babygrow.

scarlets Thu 24-Dec-15 16:12:58

Aaaah - don't beat yourself up about this. PND (you didn't have "blues" btw) is damned awful and you couldn't help it.

Merry Christmas!

guajiraguantanamera Thu 24-Dec-15 16:27:12

Mama he is almost 9mo now (ffs where has this year went lol) and I love (almost) every minute u spend with him now but 3/4 months ago I was so down. Still have my moments but I find him much easier now.
He's teething now and has grumpy days but I found the newborn weeks so hard.

guajiraguantanamera Thu 24-Dec-15 16:28:31

aquiescence my ds started sleeping better at about 5 weeks so if this is part of the reason you feel blue at times maybe Santa is going to bring you a longer sleep tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now