I'm watching breakfast tv for the first time in years blush
Tony Mortimer!
Jason Donovan
Eddie izzard all looking much older
Lorraine Kelly looks younger confused
It's not them it's me isn't it? <sniff>

Crikey and now they are making star fried eggs

tootsietoo Wed 25-Nov-15 09:04:39

I know! And my Vic & Bob 1991 tour t-shirt is in so many holes now it needs to be binned. But I can't bring myself to do it, it means my youth is far too far away.

Seeline Wed 25-Nov-15 09:33:39

I was watching some repeats of Blackadder the other night and couldn't believe how young people like Tony Robinson, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie looked! They are all only a little bit older than me. I still think of myself as looking as I did when watching them the first time and avoid looking in mirrors. I guess if they look old now then..... sad grin

Owllady Wed 25-Nov-15 10:33:42

Yep seeline sad grin
I feel like 've been half asleep for the last twenty years...why do people who were once cool, now looking like my dad?

bumbleymummy Wed 25-Nov-15 10:48:50

Tootsie - you need a nostalgia box! That's where I put all my completely useless stuff that I can't bear to throw out because of the memories grin

MorrisZapp Wed 25-Nov-15 10:58:42

In Inspector Morse, Lewis is a callow youth.

In Lewis, he's a grumpy old fart nearing retirement

It won't be long til we can watch Hathaway, featuring the long legged beauty that is Laurence Fox as a stooped and bitter old man.

Owllady Wed 25-Nov-15 11:01:31

Morriszappgrin

It's like the babies that were born in do so opera's and changed DNA several times over the years, they are all now adults sad

Owllady Wed 25-Nov-15 11:07:17

And now they've just shown Kevin spacey confused
I have only just started noticing this old instead of young thing...
Is this the start of a mid life crisis?

bumbleymummy Wed 25-Nov-15 11:08:46

I noticed Tom Cruise looking really old a couple of years ago. That bothered me.

Gottagetmoving Wed 25-Nov-15 11:09:43

I saw Lorraine Kelly a few days ago on TV,..I thought she was looking quite old now. It depends on the camera angle because sometimes she does look younger.

TiredButFineODFOJ Wed 25-Nov-15 11:29:50

I still love the idea of Americans falling for Hugh Laurie on House and googling him only to find Blackadder 3 and being utterly bemused....
YANBU I saw Eddie Izzard... Still fab but so much older!

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 25-Nov-15 11:31:59

Philadelphia was on TV last night. Tom Hanks looked like a foetus.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 25-Nov-15 11:32:41

'the long legged beauty that is Laurence Fox'

Beauty!

His face looks like it's made of melted Lego.

Seeline Wed 25-Nov-15 11:34:00

Of course the flip side of the coin is the standard 'policemen are getting younger' scenario which they are
However in my experience, my last visit to the GP I thought I was seeing a trainee, one of my DDs last primary teachers I thought was a secondary student on work experience, and my DSs secondary teachers I mistake for 6th formers. There is no hope.....

WorraLiberty Wed 25-Nov-15 11:35:28

I thought this thread was going to be about a school reunion grin

lighteningirl Wed 25-Nov-15 11:35:41

I read somewhere that Phoebes triplets are 18, Ben is 20 and Emma is 16

Owllady Wed 25-Nov-15 11:36:33

Lol at Tom banks the foetus
I still find it difficult to contemplate that pippin is actually dead and more worryingly Mr Higgins her grandson, did most of the tricks and series <sniff>

Owllady Wed 25-Nov-15 11:38:03

Haha at school reunion <shudder>

EnaSharplesHairnet Wed 25-Nov-15 11:48:20

Italy's Prime Minister looks like the (slightly stroppy) YTS trainee.

That sentence dates me!

trulybadlydeeply Wed 25-Nov-15 11:55:01

What about Paul Nicholas, who has been in Eastenders recently? he's looking positively ancient (sorry Paul). I used to drool over him in "Just Good Friends).

On another note, my first boyfriend when I was 15 was a tall, glorious tousle haired youth. I googled him the other day, he's a portly, bald estate agent grin

I'm not saying I've worn any better of course, but when I think of him (which is not often, I hasten to add) I somehow imagine that he's remained 15!

DonkeyOaty Wed 25-Nov-15 12:01:34

At least thingy whatsisname, Titanic bloke has grown into his looks.

DonkeyOaty Wed 25-Nov-15 12:02:30

LEONARDO. That's him.

<gets coat>

bumbleymummy Wed 25-Nov-15 12:07:11

truly yes! My exes are always their beautiful youthful selves in my head. I can't seem to keep their current image in my head! I like to think that I've aged well grin

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 25-Nov-15 12:07:13

Leonardo's head gets bigger and bigger. Soon he'll look like Frank Sidebottom, him with the papier maché head.

Owllady Wed 25-Nov-15 12:08:25

Oh God now Ronan Keating is on this morning
His wife looks v young though but she shares the same name as my daughter's horse

My first love has gone bald too grin I've got fat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now