to be pissed off with housemate (despite no evidence)?

(6 Posts)
JammyGem Fri 23-Oct-15 15:20:19

I'm working a late shift tonight. I'd planned to do a beef casserole in my slow cooker so it's all ready when I finish and I don't have to faff around. Go to shop, hey everything, go to put it on and discover the pot for my slow cooker is missing.

I always keep the whole thing together in the same place in the same cupboard. The cooker itself and the lid is there, but the pot is missing. I pull apart the kitchen trying to find it (and it's a pretty small kitchen) but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm convinced my housemate must have used it or moved or our broken it or something. I used it not that long ago and put it all back in the same place as usual. I've asked him and he reckons he hasn't seen it anywhere.

Just really pissed off as it means I'll be getting in at 2am, then by the time I cook something and get to bed I'm not going to get much sleep before my 10am shift tomorrow.

AIBU to be pissed off with my housemate, despite no evidence that he had anything to do with the disappearance of my slow cooker, other than he's the only other person living here?

KinkyAfro Fri 23-Oct-15 15:23:42

Well if it wasn't you then it's got to be him, and no, you're not being unreasonable in thinking that.

I'd have it out with him

RandomMess Fri 23-Oct-15 15:26:31

I'd be cross too, it's not been taken my fairies has it!

JammyGem Fri 23-Oct-15 15:49:12

It's stupid I know, it's only a cheap slow cooker but it's the principle, and the fact that my plans for tonight are ruined I have no life

OurBlanche Fri 23-Oct-15 15:54:45

Well, given that fairies are not likely, you know that he has done something to it, so does he!

You could try a sideways tack.... tell him that yes, you are annoyed but that you don't want to go out and buy another one if the missing pot is likely to reappear... could he please just tell you what happened to it?

Tell him plainly that, as you know it was there all safe and sound last whenever, it is blindingly obvious he has used it/moved it/whatever. He just needs to man up and tell you what happened so you can deal with it. But that standing in front of you whimpering that he doesn't know is not on, is childish and unfair on you as you won't know what happened to it and will always wonder. He simply must tell you.

RandomMess Fri 23-Oct-15 16:45:11

I agree about giving him the opportunity to fess up.

If you had known it had needed replacing you would have been on the look out for a good deal etc angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now