(14 Posts)
SchroSawMargeryDaw Thu 22-Oct-15 08:52:28

About getting my tonsils out tomorrow?

They only phoned me yesterday, I am totally terrified. sad

Bunbaker Thu 22-Oct-15 08:54:54

It's natural to be nervous. Good luck for tomorrow flowers

SchroSawMargeryDaw Thu 22-Oct-15 09:02:39

Thanks. smile

I can't believe how nervous I am, I keep telling myself that little kids manage to go and get this done pretty often and that I am being silly...

Unreasonablebetty Thu 22-Oct-15 09:49:39

Try not to be nervous OP, I had mine out when I was 15, and it wasn't so bad.
I woke up high as a kite (morphine is brilliant!!) as they wheeled me back to the ward I was neenooring like an ambulance... It was really good until it wore off.
Throat was a bit painful in the days after, but it was fine. You'll be fine x

Every1KnowsJeffTheJerkOlantern Thu 22-Oct-15 09:51:23

Just think of all the lovely ice lollies you can have after! grin

SchroSawMargeryDaw Thu 22-Oct-15 10:03:16

I've never had morphine (I don't think) that could be interesting! grin

Every1 They make you eat crunchy food. sad However I have pumpkin cheesecake ice cream at ready and pink magnums in case I am feeling up to it!

Defenderwife Thu 22-Oct-15 10:07:34

It is life changing I promise! Make sure they send you away with antibiotics though. My hospital didn't and I had the most horrendous infection afterwards sad

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Thu 22-Oct-15 10:08:55

You could always ask for the tonsils in a jar - purely for freaking out small children.

I have the teeth which were threatening to invade my sinuses in a pot and occasionally rattle them at ds2 for morbid effect.

lorelei9 Thu 22-Oct-15 10:12:50

oh I'd be terrified too, of course you're not a baby.

I hope you wake up feeling good - I too have heard lovely things about morphine so perhaps try to focus on that?!

SchroSawMargeryDaw Thu 22-Oct-15 10:14:50

Can you actually ask for them in a jar? I actually would do that, I have a love for the weird and wonderful!

Good point about anti biotics, will make sure to ask for them.

roofio87 Thu 22-Oct-15 11:08:46

Another that had mine out at 21, it was totally fine, although I also got an infection after. Yes the painkillers are great, although apparently when they were wheeling me back to the ward I told the porter he was "too good looking to work in a hospital!!!" blush

CloudsofBrick Thu 22-Oct-15 11:58:40

I had my bloods done yesterday and the midwife had to hold my hand and tell me how brave I was blush (I'm 30)

Therefore, YANBU.

PurpleHairAndPearls Thu 22-Oct-15 12:08:59

It's good in a way having an immediate date, less time to worry smile

Get them in a jar for Halloween, that would be fab to scare trick or treaters with grin

I'm sure you will be fine. I do find I am extraordinary weepy for a couple of days after a general though. I hope you have someone looking after you thanks

SchroSawMargeryDaw Thu 22-Oct-15 19:37:22

Thanks everyone. Feeling a teensy bit better about it today. Teeny tiny bit, now that I know I am going to go in and ask for them in a jar! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now