AIBU to want to quit because of crush on female boss?

(17 Posts)
legalbeagle86 Fri 16-Oct-15 21:25:09

confusedconfusedconfused Also female!

CantSleepClownsWillEatMe Fri 16-Oct-15 21:27:21

Well you could probably give a bit more info but I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest jacking in your job would be extreme smile

AnemonesCloser Fri 16-Oct-15 21:27:31

Are you gay? And single?

Is she?

How long have you worked there? How much do you love your job?

HPsauciness Fri 16-Oct-15 21:28:45

It is quite normal to have a crush on your boss.

Is the fact she is a woman really bothering you? Is this something you didn't know about yourself. I wouldn't worry, there are lots of attractive people out there, including this woman, and unless it is truly messing up your work, I can't think why you would want to quit.

Having crushes definitely passes the time away at work, that's for sure.

HerrenaHarridan Fri 16-Oct-15 21:28:58

Are you both single?

HPsauciness Fri 16-Oct-15 21:29:31

And remember, no-one can see inside someone else's head thank god

legalbeagle86 Fri 16-Oct-15 21:30:10

It wouldn't be a case of 'jacking in', more of a 'find a new'!

A bit reluctant to be more specific. But close proximity is difficult, 100% sure the feeling isn't mutual but it's still distracting from my point of view.

legalbeagle86 Fri 16-Oct-15 21:31:12

Love job a lot. Haven't been there long. Neither one single.

mangocoveredlamb Fri 16-Oct-15 21:31:14

I imagine it will pass!

FindoGask Fri 16-Oct-15 21:39:14

This happened to me in a previous job but with a colleague, not boss. I've never had a real crush on someone of my own gender before and I'm very happily married. Anyway it fizzled out of its own accord once I got to know her better (that sounds awful, I just mean I was a bit in awe of her initially, which dissipated with familiarity), no drama necessary. Hang in there, you'll be grand.

FindoGask Fri 16-Oct-15 21:41:02

PS I'm fairly sure she knew something was up, as I would blush furiously whenever I had to talk to her for longer than 30 seconds!

legalbeagle86 Fri 16-Oct-15 21:42:23

The weird thing is I've never been a crush sort of person, it's never really happened before (sounds strange, I know!) which is why it's so confusing. I am rather sure if she knew she would belt me across the chops, and not in a kinky way. Not sure if I can stick it out.

FindoGask Fri 16-Oct-15 21:46:47

"am rather sure if she knew she would belt me across the chops"

Wow, she sounds a catch!

People can't help how they feel. I didn't want my crush to find out either but only because I didn't want to make her feel awkward or uncomfortable. I think that's the worst case scenario for most reasonable people.

legalbeagle86 Fri 16-Oct-15 21:49:27

Same, I'd hate for her to feel uncomfortable because of me, especially as it's definitely unintentional.

I think the belting round the chops sort of attitude is why I like her! she can belt me any time she likes blush

Waltermittythesequel Fri 16-Oct-15 21:52:14

Are you gay?

Waltermittythesequel Fri 16-Oct-15 21:52:48

Sorry! Posted too soon.

Is this bad because you've never been attracted to a woman or bad because she's your boss?

legalbeagle86 Fri 16-Oct-15 21:58:59

I am gay but I haven't been actively attracted to anyone in years (sounds a little strange, I know) so it's partially because I am surprised I'm attracted to someone other than my partner and also because she is my boss who is married (not sure if happily, assuming so) with a few kids. She knows my sexuality and has never been bothered by it, I'd even go as far to say she is borderline affectionate. I don't consider this to be instigating anything, if anything it just makes me uncomfortable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now