To think Corbyn is a drippy leftwing MNer?

(79 Posts)
JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 16:06:48

If he's not he should be.

Immigration is an 'opportunity' apparently.

For a very brief interlude I thought he would actually make the LP electable. He won't. He's stuck in 1984 and is massively missing the point.

AliceScarlett Wed 30-Sep-15 16:08:09

yawn

Mintyy Wed 30-Sep-15 16:08:27

Do we really need another immigration thread and/or another Jeremy Corbyn thread?

Really?

InimitableJeeves Wed 30-Sep-15 16:09:23

Well, it is an opportunity, and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignoring reality. The NHS would collapse but for immigration; and look at the millions generated by businesses started and run by people who were originally immigrants.

jorahmormont Wed 30-Sep-15 16:11:29

Better than being a Tory prick like Iain Duncan Smith and the other cunts who laughed during the food bank discussion.

JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 16:13:45

Well, it is an opportunity, and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignoring reality

Anyone with eyes and a brain has known that for 30 years + though.

Meanwhile Andy Burnham continues to talk perfect sense and I'll be voting pointlessly for the Greens forever.

Can't everyone who wants to point out the bloody obvious along the lines of "Refugees are human" and "Immigration is an opportunity" please go and form a commune on the Isle of Wight and leave some people with policy-making nous to tackle the tricky bits?

TheBunnyOfDoom Wed 30-Sep-15 16:14:04

Why isn't it an opportunity? confused

JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 16:14:52

Better than being a Tory prick like Iain Duncan Smith and the other cunts who laughed during the food bank discussion.

Christ yes. But can't we have a reasonable functional Labour party?

JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 16:16:55

Where have I said it isn't an opportunity Bunny?

Do we really need party leaders who say these beige things in an attempt to side step the controversies of the day, though?

He's a busted flush already, as far as I'm concerned.

JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 16:22:16

And we know he's taking his ideas from online, so he probably will adopt some slogans from MN soon <cries>

RaspberrySwitchblade Wed 30-Sep-15 16:27:23

And we know he's taking his ideas from online...where people discuss issues that affect them

you say this like it's a bad thing, i think it's great he's taking notice of what's being talked about

Yellowpansies Wed 30-Sep-15 16:32:13

I think the problem isn't that be sees immigration as an opportunity - it can be.

The problem is that he denied completely that there immigration was anything but a good thing. Ie he believes (and always has, and always will believe) that immigration is a good thing therefore there cannot, by definition, be anything bad about it - so issues over housing, school places, etc are just denied.

He sees everything as black and white, which is OK in opposition but can't possibly work as a potential prime minister. Even when his own party was in power he spent most of his time opposing it.

Samcro Wed 30-Sep-15 16:33:22

why don't people use topics? politics topic?

usual Wed 30-Sep-15 16:36:00

Why are left wing Mnetters drippy?

JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 16:37:02

Yes that's it Yellow - much better phrased than my effort (I was still groaning) and he's effectively glossing over the positions, stances, policies of the opposition(s).

It just so much reminded me of people repeatedly bleating 'refugees are HUMAN' a couple of weeks back. To which the obvious answer is 'Yes, and? That doesn't contribute anything substantive to either side (any side) of the debate' (Or suggest a policy position).

JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 16:37:58

Not all of them are usual. I'm not.

But I do wish the drippy ones would stop dripping.

JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 16:39:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Samcro Wed 30-Sep-15 16:41:05

sanpro is that supposed to be funny? or are you being a drip?

JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 16:45:39

Sorry you've lost me.

AIBU stands for 'Am I being unreasonable'. There's a glossary somewhere. Have a look.

usual Wed 30-Sep-15 16:54:22

Did you deliberately call Samcro the wrong name?

Not cool, really.

JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 16:57:28

Oh samcro? No, I misread it.

usual Wed 30-Sep-15 16:58:53

You need to stop being so drippy grin

JessicaFletchersEyes Wed 30-Sep-15 17:04:10

Well it's not interesting debate but at least we have your Wildean wit usual.

usual Wed 30-Sep-15 17:06:02

I'm here all week.

Anyway this has been debated many many times on MN.

FanOfSpam Wed 30-Sep-15 17:08:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now